1st Generation Specific (1979-1985) 1979-1985 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections

Rotary Meet in OH

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-06, 02:29 PM
Rotary Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotary Meet in OH

A few weeks ago RX_se7en came up with the idea to get together in or around Dayton. A lot of people showed interest, What I need to know is how many 1st gen guys are willing to make the trip. If you want to go, post saying you want to be there. Then we will set a date that works for all of us.

Chris
Old 05-28-06, 02:33 PM
Terrified.

I wanna. I wanna.

Speaking of that, I was coming home from northern Ohio Friday and saw a first gen. Tornado like yours without the rear spoiler and a different colored hood. It was on 70, they were heading east. I was in a Ford Aerostar (yeah big pimpin) going with my friend to pick up a tranny for his supercharged regal. Not trying to thread jack, but any idea who that may have been?
Old 05-28-06, 02:43 PM
Rotary Enthusiast

No clue, Not everyone who owns a 7 resides on the board unfortunately.

Also, we want to try and make this an annual event, I have at least one vendor interested if enough cars make the journey. If we get a ton of pictures (I have a photographer who I will pay out of pocket to come) Maybe we can get some more vendors interested. Also I have contacted several places like modeling agencies and could very well get your car with a hot girl posing on the hood However, this is just to have fun and get together for now, maybe do some BBQ'ing while we are at it...
Old 05-28-06, 02:47 PM
Terrified.

Hey, big, small, whatever. Rotary people are family. It just sucks because everytime I hear about something going on I have a tendency to forget about it, or run into problems before right before it. I'm down though. I want to get a meet going. The only rotary guys I know are FC owners though, and I don't even know many of them.
Old 05-28-06, 02:51 PM
Rotary Enthusiast

Hey even if it is small, it will still be fun. I just think it would be cool to have an event closer to us OH, IN, and PA guys. I simply cant afford the trip to Deals Gap this year... As much as I would love to go...
Old 05-28-06, 03:59 PM
Drift FC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you'd have to find most of them on ohiorotaries.com
Old 05-28-06, 04:02 PM
Have RX-7, will restore

Received 1,053 Likes on 892 Posts
im in
Old 05-28-06, 04:46 PM
Terrified.

Yeah, I don't care if its big or small either. I want a meet too. Dayton isn't all that far, and I can get a friend of mine to tag along to make the trip easier. Even if all we do when we get there is chill, I'm still down. There is also indyrx7club as well.
Old 05-28-06, 04:49 PM
Play Well

I hope I can get back my licesnce(sp) before this Im buying a vert and want to meat all you guys and gals.
Old 05-28-06, 06:10 PM
Rockin' the suburbs!

Yea, we're looking for a nice open place to park at and have a BBQ or something... or even to raid the McDonalds I work at... I'm stopping by some places around here(local auto import shops) to see if they might like a banner or something or to come to show off their parts and whatevers.
Basically all rotary meet in a centralized location. Get the car clubs from cincy, indy, etc to all come over to sit around with our cars, swap stories, parts, and maybe do a few demos or two of our stuff(not that I have anything )
Old 05-28-06, 09:05 PM

i'd be interested in coming done, just let me know when yuou plan on doing it
Old 05-29-06, 03:53 AM
Terrified.

Yeah, I was going to say that even if all we did was meet up in a random parking lot, do a cruise to a Steak & Shake or something, chill out and eat. Swap stories, that would make the trip's enjoyment enough for me.
Old 05-29-06, 07:23 AM
DD Rex

Are bone stock $500 dollar beaters allowed? Wouldn't mind meeting up and seeing some "real" rotaries. I've never seen a nice, modded 1st gen rx-7 in real life lol.

Kev (Too many muscle cars growing up)
Old 05-29-06, 10:33 AM
Thunder from downunder

I'm in Chris, and if FC needs a pick up in Lima, just let me know man.
Old 05-29-06, 10:43 AM
Rockin' the suburbs!

I've got it! I'm going to call Carillon Park today. It's got a huge parking lot(which we couldn't tear up with rubber) with a few side streets that we have dragged down for years. There is a field the size of two football fields, the parking lot is entirely shade covered, they have a gazeebo, a grill area... AND HISTORICAL BUILDINGS TO BOOT!

It seems like a great spot to me to at least meet... That or UD Arena's back parking lot which we drift in in the winter.

Still looking. Within a few days we should have a good plan. I'm working on it all day. Gotta go to IAP and J.R. Motorsports today to see if they want in on it too.
Old 05-29-06, 12:40 PM
Play Well

Originally Posted by aussiesmg
I'm in Chris, and if FC needs a pick up in Lima, just let me know man.

Im back in WV for the summer. I need to get my license back. Hopefully this week.
Old 05-29-06, 12:57 PM
Wankle Waffles

Gosh, well if anyone's free on June 10th I'm still having the party at my place in Parma, Ohio
Old 05-29-06, 01:16 PM
Terrified.

I can't recall, but I'll be busy on the night of Hot Import Nights in Indy. Also there is July 1st in which I will be attending the F1 practice. Those two days are definite no's for me. I can't miss F1 practice, and I'm going to HIN with a ton of people. Other than that I should be pretty free, other than work.
Old 05-29-06, 01:42 PM
Rockin' the suburbs!

I was aiming for the 4th through the 12th as I'm on vacation that week. I have the whole week off to goof off and work on my car. It's paid too!

Anyways... I don't want to steal Tranquils thunder sooo... if he wouldn't mind a WHOLE bunch of people piling up at his house then we should have it there
Old 05-29-06, 01:48 PM
Wankle Waffles

Well I'm already planning for 30+ people.

TheLotSpot.com is coming
Ohiorotaries.com has a post about the meet

and a lot of my non-RX-7 friends are coming.
Old 05-29-06, 02:24 PM
Play Well

Originally Posted by Tranquil
Well I'm already planning for 30+ people.

TheLotSpot.com is coming
Ohiorotaries.com has a post about the meet

and a lot of my non-RX-7 friends are coming.

You have friends outside of the forums.........................I wish I did.
Old 05-29-06, 02:36 PM
Wankle Waffles

I'm sorry

You should come and make new friends
Old 05-29-06, 02:41 PM
Play Well

I have to go to the DMV tomorrow and get my license back. I have to retake the damn drivers test which is total BS, and then wait a few days until I accually get it.
Old 05-29-06, 02:41 PM
Rotary Enthusiast

Yeah guys, just post when you are available! That way we can star tgetting an idea as to when we can have the meet. I would love to come Tranquil, but I dont like driving to Cleveland, and 84RX_Se7en doesnt trust his car for a trip that far. Nothing personal, really

But as for everyone else, if its just a cruise in, thats fine with me. Maybe we can meet up at the Rootbeer stand or something Actually that is a great idea!
Old 05-29-06, 06:26 PM
Rockin' the suburbs!

Hey man... wasn't it sweet killing that Monte Carlo SS on 35?!? I wish we had a camera out there!

On the way back from dropping Brian off I toar a Beretta GT a new fart can. He had pulled into the gas station I went to to get gas. He had just bought it and had a buddy following him. Well he starts it and revs. I start it and rev and everyone just kinda stops what they're doing and looks at the loud car with a rooster tail of blue smoke. The guy looks too. He pulls out so I follow him. In the process I cut his friend in the truck off so the guy in the Beretta pulls into the turn lane a bit down the road to wait. As I pass and the truck comes into sight he pulls out into the street so I get into the far lane at the light. Other lights go yellow so I bring it to 6500 and drop the clutch. I roast the tires through first, put a car length on him, into second putting another and I let off.
I crushed the guys hopes. The car had wheels, a fart can, "Euro" lights and a swing set wing on it. He thought it was hot ****. When I pulled to the light next to him he looked all pumped like he had me. As I pulled on him off the line I looked over at him and nodded with a kinda mean grin rubbing in that I was wasting his car. His face went from happy to sad immediately.

Quick Reply: Rotary Meet in OH