SE RX-7 Forum Serving the Carolina's, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee.
Sponsored by:

Saturdays In Raleigh, Nc

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-05, 05:14 PM
Rotary Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christina & Ray - I thought the drive was scheduled for Sunday morning. I have to work this weekend so I can't go on the drive but I hope everyone that can will go out. I thought they had decided on Sunday morning so that Greg and Josh could make it. You might check the RX8 site to see if anything is posted there about the drive.

We have some guys from Wilmington and eastern NC interested in the Brits and Battleship Car Show in Wilmington on November 5th. I am going to try to make that drive.
Old 10-13-05, 08:15 PM
RRDI Member

Christina...

I thought that we were going for the early Sunday morning ride along the backwoods so that you could still make it to the State Fair by the mid-afternoon...

Bert...

Sorry to hear that you have to work this weekend, you are going to be missed.

Everybody else interested in going this Sunday...

Post up and let's see if we can still pull this off.
Old 10-13-05, 08:25 PM
Mechanical Engineering

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Smoken'
if i had the money steve, if i had the money
Old 10-13-05, 09:59 PM

there is also a GTUs on ebay in nc about 60 miles from cary. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

enjoy
Old 10-14-05, 07:08 AM
RRDI Member

Cross posting here...

http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?p=1087580
Old 10-14-05, 09:02 AM
Rotary Freak

Come on guys, speak up. This is going to be a pure driving event, no place to stop, no arrival time and no predetermined destination, just meeting for breakfast, jumping back in the cars and driving 'til all the stress is blown away by speed and the excitement of being in YOUR rotary. You can drive 'til you're lost or until you run out of time and have to return to your reality. Saturday or Sunday whatever is best for you. It'll be a very relaxing and fun time with people that share your interest in cars. You'll be on the road with a pack of rotaries and what can be better than seeing other people's heads turn or hitting their brakes as the pack roars past.

Besides think of the stories you'll have to share at the next Drive-In. I don't remember an outting or "drive" we've had that there hasn't been something strange and wonderful happen. Cindy and Greg's twin vert at the NC Zoo, the adventures going and coming from Deals Gap, and the GRR drives. If you have something serious and very important to do and aren't stressed out by school, work, friends, or family then you'll be missed but if want to escape to an alternate rotary reality show up for the weekend drive. This will be truly therapeutic for you and your car. If you haven't taken your car out for a couple of hours of uninterrupted driving then shake off the rust, clean her up and be a driver! You'll be headed no place in particular and won't have to get there by a given time, what better definition of FREEDOM can you imagine? If this kind of freedom doesn't scare you then fill up your tank, join us for breakfast, and lets all hit the open road to nowhere!
Old 10-14-05, 09:25 AM
THE Redhead Rotorhead!

for some reason I was thinking Saturday... but Sunday might be ok. Our plans have changed quite a bit for the weekend, so Sunday morning would be fine.

Does anyone have an N/A Transmission?? I need one... like, tomorrow.
Old 10-14-05, 12:10 PM
RRDI Member

okay, it's settled then. everybody who wants to go on the roadtrip meet up at the Cracker Barrel on Airport Blvd. off of 40 on Sunday.
Anybody wanting to eat breakfast first, we'll be there around 8 or so. Plan on hitting the road about 9am.
See everyone there!
Old 10-14-05, 12:49 PM
THE Redhead Rotorhead!

May not be taking the FC on the road trip. David and I might have to take his car... my tranny's ready to go... and I can't risk NOT having a car right now. I've gotta baby her as much as possible til someone can sell me a transmission to put in her.
Old 10-14-05, 01:05 PM
RRDI Member

stina...

what's up with the tranny???
Old 10-14-05, 01:15 PM
THE Redhead Rotorhead!

it's grinding and munching away at my gears...

Might be getting one from 13b4me on Sunday, so we might not be able to make it to the meet.

Last edited by PerkyStina; 10-14-05 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-14-05, 01:27 PM
RRDI Member

that sucks! when did that start happening?
Old 10-14-05, 01:38 PM
THE Redhead Rotorhead!

been going on for a while, but she's progressively gotten worse, and it's definitely more than "just an FC thing" like guys had told me to begin with. Never listen to a man who hasn't taken the time to LOOK at the car first.

David's afraid to ride/drive in her cuz she's so sketchy.

Alex (13b4me) has one he's selling me on Sunday. So I think we might skip out on the cruise... so we can go down to Jacksonville and get back before dark.
Old 10-14-05, 01:41 PM
THE Redhead Rotorhead!

We might meet up and eat breakfast with y'all first before leaving... but it just depends on how early he wants to get back on Sunday. We need as much daylight as possible

he and I are working on his old Eclipse GSX and my RX-7 on Sunday... so we gotta get back to Raleigh ASAP. Yay!
Old 10-14-05, 01:48 PM
RRDI Member

I guess that put an end to your trip to the Fair then :frown:
Old 10-14-05, 01:49 PM
THE Redhead Rotorhead!

nope we're going all day tomorrow (Saturday)

...and maybe again Sunday night after a long day of rotary and mitsu-shitzi.
Old 10-14-05, 01:59 PM
rotorhead

Received 429 Likes on 263 Posts
tell David I was at the strip last sunday and I saw an automatic talon TSI/AWD run a 9.7 @ 135 .
Old 10-14-05, 02:07 PM
THE Redhead Rotorhead!

neato. I'll tell him when he gets back from VA with the GSX tonight. Anyone going to Fayetteville tonight or Sunday afternoon?

Last edited by PerkyStina; 10-14-05 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-14-05, 02:14 PM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by arghx
tell David I was at the strip last sunday and I saw an automatic talon TSI/AWD run a 9.7 @ 135 .
That's John's car... He's one of the Wilmington boys, and that's a fast ****** car...
Old 10-14-05, 08:38 PM
Rotary Freak

Just incase you don't read the RRDI shirt thread

Met with Capital Promotions today to finalize our shirt order, we're getting 24 short sleeve shirts and 7 long sleeve shirts. There was an extra $2 charge for XXL and $3 for XXXL shirts but other than that everything was agreed to at $15 for short sleeves in all sizes from child to XL and $17 for long sleeves from Small to XL. They said we would be able to add to the order until next Friday, October 21, that's when they will setup for the printing and the shirts will be ready at week later on October 28. I put down a 50% deposit to get the artwork finished and to schedule the screen printing so the work will getting underway soon. I'll post up the final artwork on the Tshirt thread for everyone to see when I get it to proof and approve.

Check out the T-shirt thred on this forum for more information.

Any shirts ordered at a later date, and not part of a group order of 12 or more, will be very pricey, so if you want a shirt order it now.
Old 10-14-05, 09:24 PM
THE Redhead Rotorhead!

...so should we get Mary's kids shirts, too? If so, I'll find out from Mary what sizes they are.
Old 10-15-05, 08:59 PM
It's only Rock and Roll

Bump..... with attitude....

Old 10-16-05, 05:20 AM
Rotary Freak

Originally Posted by perkystina
...so should we get Mary's kids shirts, too? If so, I'll find out from Mary what sizes they are.
They're $15 each instead of the $10 estimate the print initially gave me. Anyone that wants to donate a few dollars to cover the costs of the T-shirts for the kids that went to the Zoo with us and were at the GRR then let Christina know and we'll order a shirt for each of them.
Old 10-16-05, 01:41 PM
It's only Rock and Roll

Oh, almost 5 hours, who knows how many miles, and $20 worth of gas later....

You guys missed out on some fun! Me, Gary, Doug and Beth went for a ride through the country today. Started at Cracker Barrel for breakfast at 8:30, ate and then filled up with gas and at about 9:45 we hit the road, err several roads. Doug led us out with Beth riding shotgun reading the GPS whatever it is thingy on their computer (sure it says there's a road there but we couldn't find it!) followed by Gary and then me. About 3 hours later we found ourselves in Hillsborough having lunch. We found some good roads, some suck *** roads and some really great roads, only ran 3 people on bicycles and one old lady with a dog off the road.....just kidding, sort of. We really got to open the cars up most of the day hitting the triple digit mark a few times and constantly running WELL over the posted limit most of the time. This kind of fun could become habit forming.....
Old 10-16-05, 03:08 PM
JKM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Perky: I don't have a good tranny, but I have the old (blown) tranny from my GSL-SE that I took out. If you end up needing any spare tranny parts I probably have them.

Best thing to do would probably be just buy another one and throw it in. It's easy enough, but requires some MUSCLE if you don't have access to a tranny jack. I basically had to benchpress my tranny into the FB, kind of a pain since I'm not all that strong.

If you have any questions let me know, you can make any NA RX-7 tranny work, but there are some minor issues to iron out with certain years. I already did the legwork for this, so it might make it easier for you.

Quick Reply: Saturdays In Raleigh, Nc