2nd Generation Specific (1986-1992) 1986-1992 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections.
Sponsored by:

My "ADD COOLANT" buzzer keeps going on

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-02, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My "ADD COOLANT" buzzer keeps going on

It just started yesterday (6/14/02). I added some coolant but it still goes on. I put coolant in the resevoir but it always gets sucked dry after driving. The buzzer seems to only go on while idling thru traffic, but turns off while I'm at speed. The temp guage is still the same with no sign of overheating.

It gets annoying while i'm in traffic, and i just want to know of any fixes for this. Thanx
Old 06-15-02, 03:59 PM
Boost This!

hmmm... your resevoir gets sucked dry so somethings wrong maybe u have a leak somwhere? look for that!?
Old 06-15-02, 05:32 PM
Lives on the Forum

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
You most likely have a minute leak somewhere...

-Ted
Old 06-15-02, 05:47 PM

check ur radiator hose **** i blew my yesterday and the one that is close to the sparks plugs check that one
Old 06-16-02, 03:37 AM

picazo505

Thanx, but I already went thru that drama and fixed it already
Old 06-16-02, 04:17 AM

my 86 used to do the same thing....i was at about 100,000 miles. i used to just keep filling it up and trying to do the infernal rotary radaitor bleed that sucks.....long process. eventually i replaced the radiator. not much solved just went longer between intervals before buzxzer went off. not much longer after that........i experienced my first rotary engine replacement. dont take your symptoms lightly (unless youre rich) you may be able to prevent a complete replacement if you catch it quick. its like cancer, sooner you catch it usually the better off you are
Old 06-16-02, 04:59 AM

Im having the same prob now. My 90' was overheating and pushing all the coolant into the reservoir. Then it cools back down and sucks the coolant back into the radiator. I might have a blown apex :-( . But sometimes it will stop doing this for a couple days then it will start again. If its a blown seal why does it do this randomly?
Old 06-16-02, 05:57 PM

I recently had the same problem, slowly loosing coolant and I could faintly smell coolant inside if I had the windows open. Searched for leaks but found none. Looked at the rad cap and the rubber seal was cracked - replaced cap and all is well.

Henrik
87TII

BTW. When searching for leaks look for white deposits on the engine etc - this is dry coolant.
Old 06-17-02, 12:07 AM

sup

Thanx everyone but i found the problem.....it is my damn heater hose. Last time I just cut it and put it back on, but it was still a little deteriorated from the oil. Now it's back to haunt me again. DAMN i knew i should've just got the hose after i quick fixed it. O well at least i've learned my lesson.
Old 06-17-02, 12:12 AM
New Project on the Way...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok well i am having the same problem but my resevoir is not dry! infact it is still at full i can only put in like 4cups of water each time the buzzer goes off but i mean what is going on! the rad is full the resevoir is full! and it goes off from time to time! it is kinda anoying! and my temp gage is perfect right in the middle! Any suggestoins i checked all of the obvious things! like rad cap lines rad hose! stuff like that!