2nd Generation Specific (1986-1992) 1986-1992 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections.
Sponsored by:

Corksports Driver Exit Exaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-02, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corksports Driver Exit Exaust

K Everyone,

I am likely to go with this exaust however, I love to drift and such so I don't want to **** up my weight distro too much, well I mean I can but I wouldn't like to. I want to know how much fucked up it would be with the driver exit exaust? And if so would it be worth a USED 400 dollar Apexi Gt that was a passenger side exit? I like the 308 some odd dollar shipped price of the corksport and it has something like a 3' tip which is really cool also. Moreover I won't be running any cats, just a Bonez RP in a 89 GXL
Old 03-18-02, 02:28 PM
WTB S5 N/A FC

I really think the weight is negligible. If you are concerned, put some weight in the passenger seat or somethin. It is only like 50lbs at most.
Old 03-18-02, 03:55 PM
Rotary Freak

The Corksport exhaust system weighs about as much as one of the stock mufflers. The stock system weights a lot. You will not notice a thing about the weight distribution while drifting. It is loud, very, very loud on my '89 T2 (3" everything w/out cats). I can only imagine how loud it'll be on your car without the muffling the turbine offers.

jerk_racer@hotmail.com
Old 03-18-02, 04:56 PM

Well, it is a good deal and I plan to buy it on account of availability and pricing, hey I am a 17 year old, loud cars appeal to me. I have stock manifold so that should help plus I am in the process of having a silencer constructed for it.
Old 03-18-02, 04:59 PM
Round&Round not Up&Down

Originally posted by Jerk_Racer
The Corksport exhaust system weighs about as much as one of the stock mufflers. The stock system weights a lot. You will not notice a thing about the weight distribution while drifting. It is loud, very, very loud on my '89 T2 (3" everything w/out cats). I can only imagine how loud it'll be on your car without the muffling the turbine offers.

jerk_racer@hotmail.com
I'm considering this Corksport single, but I am concerned about the noise level. I understand that my NA will be louder than your TII, but is yours loud when you are just driving normally, under 4K RPM, like cruising on the highway in 5th gear? I don't care if it's loud under hard acceleration, but I don't want it to be rediculously loud just idling, well actually I don't care if it's like that, but the local po po's prolly won't.
Old 03-18-02, 05:13 PM

when I drove a Viper with those type of exhaust, IT WAS LOUD IN THE CABIN!!! I couldn't imagine picking up a girl in that and trying to talk to her (I know, who wants to talk) and it actually got a little warm on the door side of the seat. I think it's pretty cool looking, I know the rx isnt' a viper, but something for you to consider
Old 03-18-02, 06:18 PM
fd-withdrawal

meh, since i'm considering that exhaust myself - i might as well add a question in here

what is the ideal piping size for an NA? 3" seems a little to large, no?

thanks
Old 03-18-02, 06:20 PM

Yes, a rex will be loud in the cabin since they don't have **** for dampening but who cares, my car was always intended to attract women, not drive them around in it. My clutch sucks so there would be some jerking and would probably turn them off. Plust they are just extra baggage when it comes to drifting
Old 03-18-02, 07:33 PM

Omochi, For an NA I believe 2.25 to 2.5" is ideal.
Old 03-18-02, 09:03 PM
Rotary Freak

jimmyv13: It is loud. At idle and on up. If cops enforce that at all where you live, they will notice you.

jerk_racer@hotmail.com
Old 03-18-02, 09:17 PM
Rotary Father

i ordered one an dit will arive on wednesday, and be put on my NA 91 thursday. will let you know how loud it really is. By the way the dudes at corksport said that they are working on a screw in silencer for it. It should run about 25 bux he said and they should have them in in a week or two. That should help keep it quiet for when your in town around the cops.
Also I have a straight pipe in place of my cats so it should be even louder than expected. Will give an update as soon as I get it on. peace
Old 03-18-02, 09:20 PM
fd-withdrawal

Originally posted by My Junx
i ordered one an dit will arive on wednesday, and be put on my NA 91 thursday. will let you know how loud it really is. By the way the dudes at corksport said that they are working on a screw in silencer for it. It should run about 25 bux he said and they should have them in in a week or two. That should help keep it quiet for when your in town around the cops.
Also I have a straight pipe in place of my cats so it should be even louder than expected. Will give an update as soon as I get it on. peace
please keep me updated.. as I'd like to know if your butt-dyno notices any increases/decreases in topend/lowend etc etc

91REX: cool thanks for the info.

:1party:
Old 03-18-02, 09:24 PM

well i dont know how loud the cork sport one will be, i have and APEXi N1 on my 87 N/A and no cat, i pass cops all the time plus i live with one and on one say a word to me about it. I am also thinking about getting the the cork sport because it is stainless and it will be perfect for my body kit i am ordering
Old 03-20-02, 02:05 AM
Rotary Father

Corksport says it's louder than the Apexi GT but not as loud as the N1. So that should give you an idea. Sounds perfect if you ask me. But as I said I'll have it on in a few days and will give you my take on the sound. I just hope this will cure my lack of fire breathing.
Old 03-22-02, 02:20 PM
Rotary Father

DUDE!

I got the pipes in teh mail today! I'll have it hoked up in about an hour! I'll try to find a friend with a digital camera to make a sound clip and ****. But holy **** this thang is beautiful!!!!!! DAUM! You already know how it looks, from the pics at corksport, so I'll try to get a sound clip ASAP!

LATER! I got **** to do now!
Old 03-22-02, 03:20 PM

Yes, hurry your *** up
Old 03-22-02, 06:29 PM
Rotary Father

EAR CANDY! that's it, man ,it sounds awesome. Really deep and mellowat adle and on up to 3K from 3-5K it's a higher pitch but still mellow, then above 5K it's louder and just makes your ears ***. I mean the best sound it makes is at around 3500-4500 at WOT. Now I have a 90 NA with zero catsand it's not super loud...but I will need to upgrade my subs...I'm sending 250 watts to each of 2 10s, and at a good thump I can still hear the exhaust as a constant drone in teh background. And it does add several horses too. I don't know but I would say at least 10 Hp because I live out heere in the sticks and I have to cross several mountains on my drive to work and stuff. I used to have to downshift to 4th to get over these hills, but now I can roll right over the mountains without the car even thinking twice about it I should have a sound clip saturday night I hope. Sorry its taking so long.
Peace.

BTW: If anyone is just wondering about it, Let me tell you this is a bad-*** setup, it's beautiful, sounds great, and makes the car feel much more lively. I highly recomend it to everyone.
GO ORDER IT!
Old 03-22-02, 09:57 PM
Rotary Enthusiast

Originally posted by My Junx
Corksport says it's louder than the Apexi GT but not as loud as the N1. So that should give you an idea. Sounds perfect if you ask me. But as I said I'll have it on in a few days and will give you my take on the sound. I just hope this will cure my lack of fire breathing.
But the GT Spec is louder than the N1 since has larger diameter piping, it must be loud as a mother if it beats the GT-Spec. A little confused here
Old 03-22-02, 11:04 PM

Are you going to dyno it later, I would like to know the HP gain with that one aver the N1. That is what i have now and i am thinking about getting the cork sport one. Well let us know if you do
Old 03-22-02, 11:56 PM
Rotary Father

OK the dude at corksport must not know his exhaust sounds, cause thats what he told me, I guess he's not familiar with teh apexi systems. Anyway, It's not that loud, it's MELLOW pretty deep and smooth, but not loud unless your really on it, WOT around 4K is nice and loud but thats about it. I'm trying to hook up with a chick at work who has a camera W/sound on it so I can get a clip on here. Later
Old 03-22-02, 11:58 PM
Rotary Father

Hmmmm could be I transposed the two in my head, but I swear thats what the dude said. Oh well.
Old 08-23-06, 05:59 PM

wen u drive by cops do u have to drive at like 2-3 grand and does it have a good tone all through the rpm's
Old 08-23-06, 06:43 PM
Let's eat babies

If wieght was your concern I would be too worried about your exhaust...
But if you are Veilside offers their "Teardrop" ehaust which the whole thing wieghs...6 pounds.
Old 08-23-06, 06:50 PM
Lives on the Forum

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Not that it matters now, but the N1 is pass exit and GT is drivers side. As for the loudness, I suspect he just got the two apex exhausts mixed up. The n1 is pretty damn loud, but not unbearable. I have one on mine with the RB header/presilencer, but it also has a large street port and a ported exhaust with turbo housings so no diffuser. Around here the cops don't care. I drove mine for a few days with an open header and they still didn't do anything.
Old 08-23-06, 07:03 PM
I break Diff mounts

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Hit me up at Sevenstock if anyone is interested in hearing a real life corksport with no cats.

They are very loud. Highway drone sucks *** too.

For a track car, I could probably deal with it. Daily driving mine sucks ***. Cops will also know where you are before they even see you.

Mine actually keeps me from speeding since they would have plenty of time to set up and tag me.
I also have the silencer but think it is crap since it then restrictsa the exhaust to less than stock flow.

Quick Reply: Corksports Driver Exit Exaust