Interior / Exterior / Audio Talk about interior and exterior mods including audio.

Mazdaspeed7's CF products...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-02, 05:06 PM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mazdaspeed7's CF products...

Are any of you still interested in ordering? I have some money to spend!
Old 01-04-02, 05:36 PM
I wish I had a posse...

Maybe! What exactly is he interested in producing? I've been begging for a complete CF stereo-surround, stereo mount, and holes for three gauges in the empty DIN space. I wanted to have my stereo at the bottom right above the ashtray and room for three gauges above it...That would be pretty damn badass.
Old 01-04-02, 05:39 PM
I Raise Chickens

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
i need you to make me a carbon fiber underpan.
Old 01-04-02, 05:52 PM
mad scientist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am STILL waiting for someone to send me their radio surround so I can start. I will be making 2 styles of the S4 ones. First will be exactly like stock, and the second will have a flat cf front, no cutouts except the heating/cooling vents on. You can cut your own holes for whatever you need. This will be much easier for me, and that will be reflected in the price. It will also incluse the piece around the shifter in CF.

Anybody else want the underpan? I might be able to do that easily, Ill have to look at the condition of my extra underpan before I get a price though.

If theres enough people, I can make a cf sunroof panel, either solid CF or with a Lexan window. Same with the hatch cover. I need 3-4 people with 50% down to cover the mold for each of those though. Ill get a price in a few days.
Old 01-04-02, 05:57 PM
I Raise Chickens

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
Im definetely interested in the underpan. Name your price my good man.
Old 01-04-02, 06:01 PM
Super Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an extra S4 radio surround I can send you if you cut me a break on the price of a solid one
Old 01-04-02, 08:47 PM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,844 Posts
i have a good underpan (i think) and if its under $1000 it sounds like a cool part.

mike
actually i need a hood with a big t2 scoop to clear the 20b
Old 01-04-02, 08:53 PM
Rotary Enthusiast

Depending on price I might be interested in the surround without the cut outs. That would let me use the factory dash in my FP car and have somewhere to mount the guages that will look presentable.

Mazdaspeed - PM me when you get a price on them. There is one other flat piece I might be interested in you making.

Last edited by FPrep2ndGenRX7; 01-04-02 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-04-02, 09:00 PM
FD title holder since 94

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Underpan for the FC? The stocker is only $80 or so, atleast that's what price I'm getting one at. Maybe some sort of framework that directs air through the radiator better, side walls, and the top (on top of the radiator thing).

Tim Benton
Old 01-04-02, 09:38 PM

I would most definitely be interested in the stereo surround. Have you received a surround for S5? that is a great idea to make holes for extra gauges. since the S5 have auto seatbelts and can't get pillar mount without "customizing" stuff. If you need an extra S5 surround id be willing to let you borrow mine.
Old 01-04-02, 09:55 PM
von
Rotary Freak

holy moly

I would be totally interested in the lexan product.. I need a sunroof and rear hatch in lexan.. that would be great.. lexan is light right? I figure u can save 40pds with a lexan hatch and 15 for the sunroof. Considering its light.. And if u can make a light hood N/A. Tell me. Im going for 2580pds. Im also taking out all the carpet and replacing with regular interior carpet. Also . how much do the seats whea. Im guessing 25pds but never held one... how Much for the lexan hatch????
Old 01-04-02, 09:57 PM
Super Newbie

Re: holy moly

Originally posted by von
I would be totally interested in the lexan product.. I need a sunroof and rear hatch in lexan.. that would be great.. lexan is light right? I figure u can save 40pds with a lexan hatch and 15 for the sunroof. Considering its light.. And if u can make a light hood N/A. Tell me. Im going for 2580pds. Im also taking out all the carpet and replacing with regular interior carpet. Also . how much do the seats whea. Im guessing 25pds but never held one... how Much for the lexan hatch????
I wouldn't use Lexan for a street car. That **** will scratch if you look at it hard.
Old 01-04-02, 10:07 PM
von
Rotary Freak

oh

Oh... i dont think i would care thou... Im going to buy a civic hf soon for my daily driver and am going to max out my n/a. Plus i think i would put tint on it. that might help a little...right? Im also considering puting light plastic on the driver side window. Because i never use it anyway. Im already not emisions legal but have a friends number that said call whenever u need smog so i might be able to work it out..
I just came up with an idea... Wouldnt it be cheaper if We use lexan for the hood. It would be light and we can paint over it to match the car color...Please no flaming...
Old 01-04-02, 10:08 PM
mad scientist

Update, I have the S4 radio surround being sent to me. I already have an S5 surround I can use, so thats not a problem. I would like for more than just one person to buy the S5 one though. If not, I doubt I would make it, because I would lose money on the mold to only make one. The S4 seem sto have plenty of interest, so thats not a problem. Ill have a price up after I start making the mold. It will be reasonable though, no need to worry about having to morgage your house for one.

Ill be making a Lexan hatch for someone soon, but I question its use for a street car. At best, it would cost a good bit, like $6-700 for the street version.

Ill have a price for the underpan up in a few days. You want it exactly the same size/design as stock, right?

Fprep, if you want a flat piece, PM me with the dimensions. I could do that for you whenever you want. Same for anybody else, if you want any flat sheets, any size, PM me with details, and I will get you a price.
Old 01-04-02, 10:15 PM
Super Newbie

I don't think tint will stick to Lexan or Plexiglas. Only regular glass.
Old 01-04-02, 10:24 PM
von
Rotary Freak

oh

Darn...how bout unstreeetable version... or plexiglass. cheaper than 700. I was thinking 200 would be good.
Old 01-04-02, 10:28 PM
mad scientist

Re: oh

Originally posted by von
Darn...how bout unstreeetable version... or plexiglass. cheaper than 700. I was thinking 200 would be good.
I dont think I could do it for $200 in materials alone. Try closer to $350, maybe a little more. Unstreetable, though, hood pins securing it all around, etc.
Old 01-04-02, 10:38 PM
mad scientist

Click the link in my sig!!!!!!!

Old 01-04-02, 11:55 PM
I wish I had a posse...

Depending on the final cost, I'd be interested in a S5 center console. If it's pretty high, I'd just settle for a flat piece of CF that will fit directly in the stereo slot with holes for the stock screw positions...perhaps double thick so I can screw/drill into it and so it's not too flexy (I've never really touched much CF so I'm not sure how thick it has to be so it's not really flexible).
Old 01-04-02, 11:56 PM
I wish I had a posse...

Oh yeah...Mickey Mouse style Gauge holders!!! These things are $$$ from Japan and they look hella sweet. In a 52 MM gauge size!
Old 01-05-02, 12:11 AM
Adaptronic Distributor
RX7Club Vendor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts
Yea im in for the CF cooling panel, and i think i want the center console piece too. Couldn't resist .
Old 01-05-02, 12:26 AM
mad scientist

I can make the cooling panels immediately, as well as anything flat. Cooling panels are $85 shipped in the continental US.

How deep do the guage pods need to be? I *might* be able to do that for a reasonable cost.
Old 01-05-02, 12:32 AM
mad scientist

Would anyone want the door sills in cf?
Old 01-05-02, 12:32 AM
HN

how hard would a gauge cluster be for you to make? it would seem it would be the next step if you're making a radio surround.
Old 01-05-02, 12:34 AM
mad scientist

Originally posted by HN
how hard would a gauge cluster be for you to make? it would seem it would be the next step if you're making a radio surround.
Like the part around the stock guages? Ive looked, and its damn near impossible without cutting apart the stock one. The black part around the guages is molded into the clear front panel. I would have to cut them apart and put back together.

Quick Reply: Mazdaspeed7's CF products...