3rd Generation Specific (1993-2002) 1993-2002 Discussion including performance modifications and Technical Support Sections.
Sponsored by:

It's a sad day for me and my reX!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-01, 12:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy It's a sad day for me and my reX!

As some of you know I had a problem after installing the PFC and the car wouldn't start. Well I reconnected the 4 wires and reinstalled the stock ECU. Check engine light comes on.... check it out and it looks like it's the Pressure Sensor. It will idle and if I keep off boost it will run but if you even try and dip into boost it trys to die. I was beating my head aginst the wall trying to figure out what could have caused this and I think I know what happened.
I started to look close at the wiring diagram for my reX and noticed that the Pressure sensor (Brown w/ black stripe *4D*) was close to one of the wires I cut... (Black w/ red stripe *4F*). Before I cut that wire I was trying to back it out w/ a paperclip and didn't have any luck so I resorted to cutting. I think I might have damaged the ECU plug and possibly the 2 are touching and shorting each other out. I also noticed that another wire from the pressure sensor (Brown w/ white stripe *3I*) is right next to another I messed w/ for the PFC (Blue w/ green stripe *3J*).

So here I am... no running reX... club meet tommorow (gonna have to take the 85) and not knowing if there is a prob w/ the ECU plug (probally is) or if I blew out my pressure sensor.

If ANYONE has ANY ideas PLEASE!!! speak up! Is there any way to get that wireing harnes out of the car w/out cutting all the wires? If so I can take it out and work on it at my bench instead of upsidedown w/ minimal light. If not does anyone have a ECU wiring harnes (only need plug 3 and 4) for sale... maby a pressure sensor too?!

Bumming majorly..
Chris
Old 11-17-01, 01:38 AM
Meesto Spakaro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
take it to an electrician, shouldnt cost much at all to have the wires reconnected
Old 11-17-01, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been messing w/ it all morning... and it seems like the wiring harness is fine. I tested to see if anything was crossed and nothign seems to be. I also tested the 4 wires I reconnected and they were fine also. Then I took apart the ECU so I could test the prongs internally and make sure that there was contiunity between the back of the harness and the prongs... all ok.

Soooooooooo... that leds to a few last things... my Pressure Sensor... and anything else I don't have a clue about .

According to the shop manual... (F-33) next I need to test the pressure sensor (F-181). I don't have a vacuum pump! I guess I need a vacuum pump to see if the sensor is giving out the correct readings. Anyone know where I can get a vacuum pump cheep!? or is it one of those shop things that I'm gonna pay a bundle for!?