1st Gen General Discussion The place for non-technical discussion about 1st Gen RX-7s or if there's no better place for your topic

Any Idea on Suspension set-up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-10, 08:48 PM
S366 is my Haven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AR Any Idea on Suspension set-up?

Hi guys, I have an $800 budget for suspension any advice from fellow auto-crossers out there on what to get and what to stay away from? I have an 85 GSL-SE thanks.
Old 02-23-10, 09:07 PM
My 7 is my girlfriend.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
www.re-speed.com. Everything they make is top notch and huge step above most of whats out there.
Old 02-24-10, 01:32 AM
i'm a poser

+1... 1000 is a little bit better, that will get you springs and shocks
Old 02-24-10, 10:18 AM
Lives on the Forum

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Go to www.re-speed.com and ask for the "Kentetsu Special".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWpEYAKo0fU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9cmv1PTd5M

Billy will take great care of you. Just tell him what you want out of the car, and he'll get you there. I requested a car that could whoop on Miatas in autocross, but still be driven to work everyday. He nailed it on the first try.

Old 02-24-10, 09:18 PM
S366 is my Haven

AR

Originally Posted by Kentetsu
Go to www.re-speed.com and ask for the "Kentetsu Special".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWpEYAKo0fU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9cmv1PTd5M

Billy will take great care of you. Just tell him what you want out of the car, and he'll get you there. I requested a car that could whoop on Miatas in autocross, but still be driven to work everyday. He nailed it on the first try.

Cool Vids Kentetsu, How much lower did your 7 drop after suspension. I notice you hardly had any lean on it when turning thats what I want for my gsl-se I finished 24 out of 76 this past sunday in autocrossing with new tires and a raining day. Would Bill be able to help my SSM rx7 out? oh yes did the suspension made it to stiff for the roads? dude it looked great props to you Sir.
Old 02-24-10, 10:26 PM
Lives on the Forum

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
My handling is was created through the use of soft(er) springs, but heavy(er) swaybars. That makes all the difference. One of my arch enemies (my nemesis) used heavy springs and soft swaybars, but he couldn't drive it on the road. I went the opposite route.

With the softer springs, you retain the ride quality. I actually drove the car, with my wife in the passenger seat, to North Carolina and back. That's like 800 miles each way. And she hardly even bitched at all about the ride.

But with the heavy swaybars, I can still whoop on Miatas on the autocross course. In my opinion, this is the perfect setup.

I'm running a Respeed tubular front swaybar, and an adjustable rear swaybar set on the stiffest setting.

As far as ride height, I can go as low as I want to. I could drag the chassis down the road if I wanted to. It's all up to what you want, once you have coilovers.

Thanks for the kind words. I can't wait for race season to start up again!...