2nd Generation Specific (1986-1992) 1986-1992 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections.
Sponsored by:

PLS guy's help me...PLS would need Nelson / Paxton supercharger kit parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-02, 06:03 PM
rotary addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLS guy's help me...PLS would need Nelson / Paxton supercharger kit parts

Hi Guy's
I am looking for left over parts from a kit you might have or a kit you had and took off or just returned to your original config. The Nelson / Paxton supercharger kit that was available for the N/A rex second gen.
I am in the work's of doing an of shoot of this kit. I already have the blower brakets, the thermostat adapter and the blower.
What I am looking for is the 90 deg. elbow casting with the Nelson supercharger written on it, the flex cuppling's no each end the pully's the pressure riser ect.......
I know some of you will say stop the hassle tubo it or get a conversion kit or do not butcher this poor rex and what not but this conversion is my idea of an upgrade

Already have the TII Diff, TII Driveshaft, TII Tranny NOPE Non Turbo I wanna get the most out of that 6 port N/A
PLS Guy's help me with this If you have any parts left or know anybody who has some or some place I can call I would be gratefull.

REXpectfully your's
RX7SP
Old 09-26-02, 06:44 PM

superchargers, hurrah!

Hey there, excellent, someone else out there wants to put an SC on their RX7! have you looked up some threads by SuperchargedRex ? He is a really awesome guy, he shared all the info he could about his kit, did major research into reproducing it, and even went as far as to have some brackets machined. In one of his threads, he has a VERY comprehensive list of all the bits you'd need to do an SC kit and where you might be able to get them; go look that up if you haven't already. You might want to look around the internet a bit and see if you can find design specs on the pulleys, becasue I do not beleive that they are very complicated, and you might be able to have a machine shop cut some for you if they can't be doubt or adapted from some other application.

And just to get all those turbo people all riled up:
Turbo's only make cars slower! They give you NO power! They make the car impossible to drive! They drop your fuel economy way down below 5mpg even with a tiny turbo! They will make you engine last only 10K miles even if its perfectly tuned!
heheheh "just kidding"
Old 09-26-02, 07:53 PM
rotary addict

I already talked to chuck (great guy) but I am looking to find a few of the original parts especially the cast elbow want to grind Nelson and repolish to have supercharger written on it makes it look cool
By the way the brakets I have come from chuck

Hey Crazydude is your Rex S/Ced ?????
Old 09-27-02, 12:52 AM

It is not SC'ed rihght now, I just rebuilt the motor recently and I have to put off an SC setup because I am starting school. The plan for the future, however, is to get an Eaton M90 supercharger and figure out how to bungle that onto my motor... I might break down and buy a nice, small, easy centrifugal charger... maybe. As for the pulleys, well, I plan on machining those myself as they seem to be a signifigant part of the total cost on the spreadsheet kit. I would offer to make you some, but I really have no idea when I'll have time to start this project =(
For fuel, I am actually going to build a MegaSquirt ECU (DIY programable ECU to control 4 injectors) and hopefully my friend Manolis_d will be able to figure out a way for me to get the stock ECU to continue to run ignition.

And hopefully 8psi intercooled on my 91 motor with ported intake manifolds and a TurboII intermediate housing, intake, and 2.5" single sided exhaust, normall functioning 6ports and VDI will put me close to 250 crank HP.