Single Turbo RX-7's Questions about all aspects of single turbo setups.

Single turbo install question(s)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-07, 05:47 PM
R. R. R.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Single turbo install question(s)

I'm using this dagram

here are my quesitions:
1)The part with the B C D G solenoids, Do I remove the vaccuum lines and cap them off or leave them with the stock connections?

2)Fuel Injector atomization goes to the intercooler pipes?

3)What is NC/COM port?

4)Oil injector vacuum goes to the intercooler pipes also?

I plan on using an MBC so maybe some of these are not used/unrelated to my setup.
Old 02-28-07, 07:00 PM
Original Gangster/Rotary!

Received 539 Likes on 326 Posts
Originally Posted by NeedFD
I'm using this dagram

here are my quesitions:
1)The part with the B C D G solenoids, Do I remove the vaccuum lines and cap them off or leave them with the stock connections?

2)Fuel Injector atomization goes to the intercooler pipes?

3)What is NC/COM port?

4)Oil injector vacuum goes to the intercooler pipes also?

I plan on using an MBC so maybe some of these are not used/unrelated to my setup.
First, I would *not* recommend using a MBC with a single turbo setup.

1) Are you running an air pump, egr, double throttle? I'm assuming not. If they're gone, get rid of those solenoids.

2) It appears that way from the diagram. I'm running a GZ LIM which doesnt have that nipple, but I don't remember having that vacuum line when I was running a stock LIM.

3) Those are the ports for the electronic boost controller crispy was running.

4) In the diagram it shows that you should source the oil injectors from the space between the air filter and the compressor housing. That's the way they're hooked up stock---they don't see boost and get constant atmospheric air. For my setup I just drilled a hole into the compressor housing in the space between the filter and compressor wheel, tapped it and threaded in a 1/8 NPT nipple.
Old 03-01-07, 03:41 PM
R. R. R.

thanks goodfellasfd3s
I probably won't be using those solenoids etc so how would I bypass the stock vacuum lines leading to those solenoids? cap them off ?
Old 03-01-07, 04:34 PM
Civilization is crumblin

Originally Posted by NeedFD
thanks goodfellasfd3s
I probably won't be using those solenoids etc so how would I bypass the stock vacuum lines leading to those solenoids? cap them off ?

I just capped mine off. Are you running an aftermarket FPR? I dont think you need to run solenoid A if so.
Old 03-06-07, 09:52 PM
wannaspeed.com

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
on rotary resurection's site in the non sequential/ emissions removal tech area (http://www.rotaryresurrection.com/3r...ov_nonseq.html)
He plugs off the nipple where the yellow line in the diagram is (fuel injector atomization) and runs a vaccuum hose directly to the stock FPR, I dont think he uses solinoid A even with stock FPR. Does anyone know if these is a problem with either of these methods? He also says a vaccum hose for the OMP injectors is not needed as the amount of unfiltered air is minimal.
Old 08-29-07, 09:51 PM

Could someone answers this? I have the same question.

Originally Posted by Dudemaaanownsanrx7
on rotary resurection's site in the non sequential/ emissions removal tech area (http://www.rotaryresurrection.com/3r...ov_nonseq.html)
He plugs off the nipple where the yellow line in the diagram is (fuel injector atomization) and runs a vaccuum hose directly to the stock FPR, I dont think he uses solinoid A even with stock FPR. Does anyone know if these is a problem with either of these methods? He also says a vaccum hose for the OMP injectors is not needed as the amount of unfiltered air is minimal.
Old 09-21-07, 02:02 PM
Always Under Construction

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
I have a question as well. The yellowish line that comes off of the waistgate goes to a nipple off the UIM but on the Tial website it says to use a signal before the throttle body. I currently have my vacuum set up like the diagram and it acting as if there is no boost controller there.

Chris
Old 09-21-07, 02:41 PM
REW'd FB

Pretty sure the Tial is the same as my HKS. Not too familiar with Tial's stuff but if it operates the same it should be set up the same.

Top of the WG goes to the BC

Side goes to vac (Ie after turbo/before TB)