Shops, part suppliers, and vendors Post your questions about a shop or how a shop, supplier or vendor treats its customers here.

Beware RX-7 Owners - Venom Injectors Scam!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-08, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beware RX-7 Owners - Venom Injectors Scam!!

I personally, as well as many others have had serious problems with the Venom Fuel Injectors sold by TLFperformance / TLFsupra89 on Ebay.

Read about it on SupraForums.
There might be a class action lawsuit in the works.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=393612

Post up if you've had a problem with these injectors.
And tell your friends so they don't blow their motors,
or catch their car on fire like I did!!

Can I get a Forum-Wide Sticky?
Old 01-26-08, 11:17 PM
rotors excite me

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
dag
Old 01-26-08, 11:47 PM
Rotary Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have sold a set of 720's from that seller before and had them flowed just to be sure they where as described and everything seemed fine with them.

I haven't seen any complaints really on here about them.

Anybody else with expereince with these on this forum?

With ANY injectors I would get them flowed BEFORE you go boosting around town. Just to make sure they are good.
Old 01-26-08, 11:56 PM
rotors excite me

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Is flow testing something a local shop would often be able to do?
Old 01-27-08, 12:05 AM
Rotary Freak

You have to look around the local area. Ask around the performance shops if there is a way.

If anything you can send them to RC to have them flowed. Or Keith @ KGparts.com. There is another big site that does it also, but I can't remember the name of the website.

When I had a set of Greddy (Nippon Denso) 720's flowed they where in worst shape then the Venoms at first. One wouldn't even open or sticking and the set where flowing to far apart. After some cleaning and new parts they where flowing fine.

Old 01-27-08, 01:19 AM

^ I aggree get all injectors flow checked before using.
now I know.

Were your Greddy Denso's New?

These #'s are pretty far off on the Venom injectors.
Quote from the SupraForum thread:

"We initially ordered 6 x 680cc injectors. Installed them and 2 were stuck open causing the engine to flood and so much gas to fill the manifold that it actaully ignited and burnt the control unit for my wideband. Tried to get a refund but that ***** TOM FOLDER says it was my fault. That I had dirt in my fuel rail. So I had the other 4 injectors flowed test and the results were: 1 x 619cc , 1x 494cc, 1 x 812cc, 1 x 738cc. How could they be soo far off. So I decided to investigate the matter further and ordered another set of 800cc under an alais. Had them flow tested and the results: 1 x719cc, 1 x 876cc, 1 x 854cc, 1 x 612cc, 1 x 745cc, 1 x 818cc."

Now a Quote from the TLFperformance Ebay ad:

"All Venom fuel Injectors come with Bushings, O-rings, and filter baskets ! Balanced and matched to increase flow rate and atomization, tolerance held within +/- 1.5% of their nominal pound/flow. Advanced polymer is used in our o-rings to insure that there is no o-ring failure. Electrical plugs are molded of aerospace grade material, and utilize Solid copper terminals to increase current flow to the electromagnetic coil. Guide pins are slightly oversized for tighter fit reducing terminal corrosion. Fuel Injectors are leak tested at three times OEM operating pressure."

I wonder how many people took thier word for it, and then had major tuning issues..

Last edited by 13angryB's; 01-27-08 at 01:40 AM.
Old 01-27-08, 08:05 AM
Lives on the Forum

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have flow tested quite a few of these venom injectors and have had to report bad things back to people who just paid a lot of money for the injectors (plus paid for our service to verify)
I really hope something is done about it. You just cant warn some people and they will believe that the "to good to be true" deal is true. Recently, lots of honda guys have sent in what "should" be a 440cc exact replacement injectors bought off ebay that were nothing more than a stock flowing injector. Other that did flow more than a stock injector were horribly mismatched (maybe modified incorrectly) and others that were exactly what they "should have been".
I remember not to long ago when many people were all hyped up about the venom side feed 1600's... they panned out to be bogus
Old 01-27-08, 11:48 AM
Rotary Freak

Hey Keith got any deals on a pair of 1000's?
Old 01-27-08, 01:07 PM

Oh, is that Keith?^
I got a good deal on a cleaned pair of 550's from Keith/KGparts, through eBay, a couple of weeks ago,..
And I'm sending my Sard 800's in for a flow check before I use them.

As for the Venoms 1000's.
I would return them to TLFperformance for a refund,
(they supposedly have a 1 year warranty)
But I'm worried that fool would just Re-sell them to someone else.

Do you guys think I would have any luck in taking legal action against TLFperformance or Venom?
How do you start a class action suit?
Old 01-27-08, 02:02 PM
Lives on the Forum

Originally Posted by 95nracer
Hey Keith got any deals on a pair of 1000's?
yeah I have some in stock. Stop in or Call.
Old 02-03-08, 11:15 AM
Original Gangster/Rotary!

Received 538 Likes on 325 Posts
WOW. I'm going to sticky this thread in the parts fs sections......

Thank God I went with KGparts injectors, havent had a problem! Thanks Keith
Old 02-05-08, 09:42 AM
Apex Seal Treachery!!!!!!

Wow, you know the Ebay Venom sale made me nervous. Thanks for posting this.
Old 02-06-08, 12:17 PM
Om Namah Shivaya

I was one of the first forum members to buy a pair of Venom 1600cc Side Feed injectors. I had RC Engineering flow test them multiple times. Here is my recap:

Originally Posted by busy13b
All three tests from RC Engineering provided the same flow results:

550cc

The pair I received were shipped in a box marked HP627-237 1600cc. They are green top, which appears to be spray-painted on, rather then the actual color of the molded plastic. They clearly have "Denso" molded into the plastic, with serial number 2370 stamped on top.

It would seem that Venom does some of their own machine work on the bodies because there are lathe marks representative of a very quick turning process on one of my pair. Something that the stock injectors clearly do not have.

Comparing the two 1600cc injectors I received, side-by-side, you can spot obvious differences in manufacturing quality, which would indicate a smaller job-shop assembly process with less-strict quality control then a huge manufacturer like Denso.

Here is the original Venom 1600cc Side Feed injector thread:
Old 02-06-08, 08:05 PM
Original Gangster/Rotary!

Received 538 Likes on 325 Posts
https://www.rx7club.com/3rd-generation-specific-1993-2002-16/anyone-heard-about-these-venom-1600cc-side-feed-injectors-402841/page9/

Post numbers 165 and 167 are pretty funny in light of the fact that sonix7 screwed a few people on this site.....
Old 02-15-08, 06:55 AM
Lives on the Forum

Just to update....
Yesterday in the mail came 3 sets of "venom" injectors for testing... (well actually one set was a walk-in customer)

1 set = 39% variance
1 set = 1/3 of what they were "supposed to flow"
1 set = 47% variance

2 of the sets were sold by tuner toys, the 3rd set was from ebay.

the walk-in customer's set that was from tuner toys was his 2nd set. It took him (from what he tells me) 3 months to get them to replace his last set that was found to be completely out of wack. The set he brought in was made up of 2 different part numbers in one set (was for a honda... should have been 1 part number.. no primary/secondary like a rotary). These were modified OEM honda injectors (KeiHin) and one that was the same "style" with a "Python" (Venom) plastic casting.

BTW, I think I figured out "how" they are modifying these OEM injectors without compromising the spray pattern "to much". I knew of this way for "adjustments" but cant believe anyone would try to make an injector flow 100's of cc more than what they were meant to flow...

I guess I will update this thread each time I get a set of these in for cleaning and or flow testing if everyone is still interested in this..

I guess I should say that since my last post, I HAVE tested 2 sets that DID flow what they were advertised as to the customer and were within an acceptable tolerance.
Old 02-18-08, 08:14 AM
This is my social media.

Hmm.... I'm going to have to get mine flow tested.
Old 02-29-08, 11:31 AM
1308cc pure madness

yea i was looking at venom injectors a while back..good thing i didnt go with that...i went with rc eng. 550s and rx7store.net greddy/denso 720s instead...the rc eng. injectors even came with a spec/flo sheet shipped...so far everythings great!
Old 04-16-08, 10:00 PM
Born-again Rotor-Head

funny, I bought some back in october and he sent me some that were the wrong year model and I played hell getting him to give me my money back...but paypal finally forced him to. good thing I didn't get what I was asking for I suppose I would have regretted it!
Old 05-29-08, 05:33 PM
Rotary Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Chalk another one up! I got suckered...

Had my 2 Venom 800cc injectors tested today. One flowed just as much as the 680cc stock injectors (75ml) that I also had tested and the other flowed 90ml during the test.

I bought them over a year ago for my 'project' that I finnally got started, and I go and get them tested, which I'm glad I did. I'm not going to put these in. WTF do I do w/ them now?

I e-mailed tlfsupra89 to see what he can do. I'm not expecting much probably get a response like "sorry that's too bad"

But I'm going to look into this.... I paid $145 + shipping for 2 whack 800cc injectors.
Old 05-30-08, 05:20 AM
Lives on the Forum

I havent been updating this thread will all the bad venom injectors we have been getting for flow testing.... if I remember next time, I will take a flow video as well. You should see the horrible flow patterns some of these have...
Old 05-30-08, 09:50 AM
Couldn't stay away

Received 145 Likes on 78 Posts
Has venom ever publicly released any information about these problems?
Old 05-31-08, 10:38 PM
Will work for horsepower

Its funney all this is being discussed now! I bought a set of 1600cc side feeds in 5/05 and was about to put them in when i was talking to Steve Kan about some other parts and he told me of guys blowing up there cars with the venom side feeds. I sent them to rc engineering and they tested 519.0cc/ 538.0cc , rc didnt even charge me saying they were sick about what venom was doing!
There still in the box just like new anyone want some 1600 side feeds.LOL!
How sad is it that someone blows up there car and has no idea why! Someone needs there nuts cut!!
Old 06-01-08, 12:50 PM
Rotary Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well, Mr. Tom Folder Replied to my e-mail...

The problem with injectors are if they sit for to long they will not
flow
right when going threw the seat.
I would ask that you call Venom at 800.959.2865 and ask for Bobby to
get
this straighten out.
Thanks
Thomas Folder
tomf58@comcast.net
For all your Performance Needs
tom@tlfperformanceparts.com
www.tlfperformanceparts.com

I'll see what this "Bobby" has to say this week...
Old 06-05-08, 09:58 AM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

yup i'm a sucker for these too ... mine are almost 200 cc difference. i got the same message to contact Bobby. I'll be doing so later on today and see what is going on. But i had to find out the hard way, my engine is being taken apart because the rear might be blown from running so lean all the time.

I'll be in touch with KGparts maybe to get some. Whats the spray pattern output on them? Looking around the RC ones, that mist in a straight line I don't want that. The venom did actually flow a nice misty patter, if only they were balanced though.

Sam
Old 06-05-08, 10:09 AM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

I got intouch with Bobby, and they told me that i needed the part number on the Box and there is nothing on the injectors??? What kind of company does this expecting you to keep the box? I'm contacting Mr. Tom again to see what it what.

Sam

Quick Reply: Beware RX-7 Owners - Venom Injectors Scam!!