Suspension/Wheels/Tires/Brakes

FD 18" Black Kazera Wheels W/Fuzion ZRi Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-05, 08:09 PM
There and back again

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FD 18" Black Kazera Wheels W/Fuzion ZRi Tires

I could not find these wheels mentioned (silver yes) within the RX-7Club threads, so I thought I would post my results for others looking for a similar setup.

New tires were an absolute must and as the reason of logic (or lack there of) goes, new wheels seemed like a reasonable splurge. I was on a $1500 budget so I went shopping online and ultimately got stuck on tirerack.com's Kazera KZ-A wheels for their style and price. At $200 a wheel they are in my mind a bargain.

I got the black finish was a flip of the coin (and the rear size in silver was backordered), but I am glad I chose them. They look really nice on the car. Not too flashy, not too trashy, and not too spare tire racer wannabee.

In order to fit the tires into the budget I need to go economy. I read the reviews on the Fuzion ZRi tires and given the high recommendations I went with them.

The only problem I have with the tires (similar to one's review) is the tire width being smaller than what is normally expected. I got 265/35/18 in the rear and they are just a frog's hair wider than my 245/45/16 Sumitomo HTRZ I have on the stock rims. It looks as though they measure the rim protector (Which is huge!) in the width (Which they should I guess).

Consequently, the side wall is less square than I would have liked, and the fat stance of the tire is less than what I expected.

Here are the quick a dirty pros and cons:

PROS
Nice look
Great price
Clean machining
23 lbs for cast 18"
Easy to install
Turnkey thanks to tirerack

CONS
Heavier than stock wheels
Black paint is marginal within the inner surface of the wheels with only overspray reaching the back portion.
Black paint may or may not last several years (7 out of 10 in finish quality)
Valve stems came with cheesy simulated metal stem caps

Overall, I am pleased.
Attached Thumbnails FD 18" Black Kazera Wheels  W/Fuzion ZRi Tires-spooledup-kazera-01.jpg   FD 18" Black Kazera Wheels  W/Fuzion ZRi Tires-spooledup-kazera-02.jpg  

Last edited by spooledUP7; 02-26-05 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-26-05, 08:13 PM
On the prowl for an FB

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks nice.