West RX-7 Forum Serving California, Nevada, Arizona, Hawaii

Worst day...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-06, 02:29 AM
Auto Delight Founder

Received 292 Likes on 203 Posts
Worst day...

I just want to vent out to you guys... heres a quote from a message i just sent someone "my car got scratched by a ping pong table... my front bumper had a jagged deep scratch on the driver side under the side marker. and my door has scratches that took off a few layers of the actual pain, the front one, you can see black, the ones ont he driver side, you can see white.. the scratches are thin on the driver side door while the one on the bumper is thick.. very sad day... but im getting my front bumper replaced with an authentic ms bumper, i guess thats cool."

To clear things up, when i open my garage on windy days, the whole garage is like a wind tunnel, breeze is strong in there, when i open the back door in the garage, is gets a little stronger... anyways...i was washing my mom's 4runner and i use the mr clean auto dry thingy... i was about to auto dry the car so i move my car from the middle of the garage (after cleaning/detailing the inside). I back up the 8, move it to the right side (where i always park) and all of a sudden when moving in the garage, i see the pingpong table on the right tucked behind a wall move out and hits my car as im moving it in relatively slowly... Anyways, just like what i put above, its a deep scratch on the bumper on the right side and my driver side door is scratched up, i'll post up pics later...

So, i'm pissed, my bad day isn't 6/6/06, its freaking 6/7/06.. i'm angered by the daym table.... my car looks tore up... and so i bring it to a body shop "fremont body shop" where i got my repairs from my accident done at, very quality work and very expensive.... but i trust them.... anyways, i got an estimate for $1690.. yeah, expensive... its freaking expensive.... but they paint match and blend in the colors so you cant tell it was repainted and etc... But i asked them if i get an aftermarket front bumper.. the guy lowered the price from $1690 to $1390.... The front bumper im getting is the authentic mazdaspeed front end.. im buying it slightly damaged ( http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=91644 ), but its small and repairable.. its $500 so im paying a total of $1890... i'm broke... i dont know about installing my CAI now.. because now i need to work my *** of to pay for all this ****...

Tomorrow, i'm going to look at the body kit at the guy's shop, its silver so its gonna be repainted so i dont have to worry about the paint scuff...the crack is repairable and i'm gonna see how much the guy's body shop will do my car for... So thats where i'm at right now, pissed and sad... This could be its own thread... I'll post this as a new thread.... I'm getting my paycheck on friday, i'm gonna have a total of $500 so i'll be buying the bumper on friday.. and waiting for the repair... hopefully i get all this **** done before rotary fest... or my 8 wont be there... I hate being broke, all this bad luck for me....

But i guess something good happened.. more incentive to buy the MS Bumper... i wont have the side skirts though so my car will be uneven looking for quite a while... thanks to everyone who read this...

- Jon
Old 06-08-06, 04:45 AM
Insert witty comment here

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like you have depleased the rotary gods..
Old 06-08-06, 04:47 AM
Auto Delight Founder

Originally Posted by NoRotor,NoMotor
Looks like you have depleased the rotary gods..
but i just preached a reading from the book of mazda.... i'm bringing ont he word of rotary!!
Old 06-08-06, 05:29 AM
Yes it's twin turbo...

damn jon that sucks sorry to hear that. the bright side, ur car will look even better than it already did
Old 06-08-06, 02:53 PM
Auto Delight Founder

Originally Posted by *RX007*
damn jon that sucks sorry to hear that. the bright side, ur car will look even better than it already did
Yeah, haha, today, i'm feel "blah" about it right now... about to get a few more estimates and check out the front bumper...
Old 06-09-06, 01:10 AM
keep it original!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
dont skip rotorfest just because of a really bad scratch. gotta represent to rotaries!! im burning oil but im still going if i get it fixed or not!
Old 06-09-06, 01:28 AM
Auto Delight Founder

Originally Posted by boyee
dont skip rotorfest just because of a really bad scratch. gotta represent to rotaries!! im burning oil but im still going if i get it fixed or not!
I'm not gonna miss this event no matter what! For the people that set up this event, i dont think we would miss this for the world!! I got to see the meet and how well it does or else i would feel like i failed everyone... Me and zach and all the other folks that set up the meet probably feels like this meet is our own child.. haha, i might be going a little too far with this...

But im feeling better.. update is that i got an estimate from a reliable shop for $100 cheaper than the orginal estimate of $1390. By the time rotorfest rolls in, i might have my ms front end on.
Old 06-10-06, 06:03 AM
Auto Delight Founder

Update:

hey everyone, well update, i went to the bank today, cashed out $500 to pick up the bumper. I went to the shop that was selling the bumper and the guy i was buying it from said that because i didnt calll, hes letting someone else see the bumper. I was like, what the freezy but i understand why, because i didnt call. Anyways, i said i can give him cash and i'll drive home, pick up my mom's 4runner and head back there to pick up the bumper... anyways, i was driving down mission blvd (for those who know fremont, union city, hayward). I was talking to my gf on the phone and then i get a call from the guy selling the bumper... he said that his plan backfired and that he wont be selling the bumper anymore, i was like what the ****! but i didnt say it to him, i tried to be calm, he apologized several times but i was pissed! anyways.... im angry, i end up going 130 down mission.... im stupid, i know but the anger got to me, good thing my gf calmed me down because at the next intersection was a hayward cop car.. anyways, im angry, i drive in circles for quite a while... anyways, i call my local dealership, get a quote for my new bumper at $1180, way cheaper than anywhere else.... and then i call the body shop in san jose and end up getting the quote for just the door at $550. The new bumper is painted my color already and so all together, im paying about $1730. $100 cheaper than than before with the expense of buying the bumper for $500, getting it repaired, repainted and painting the door. So i guess it turned out awesome! I'm getting a NEW bumper, not a damaged one and i save $100. I might be getting the sideskrits for my 8 as well! So that means that i might have my 8 looking good before rotor fest. Im in a good mood, and daym, i'm saving money for a new bumper! BOO YAH!!!

- Jon
Old 06-11-06, 01:07 AM
Back in the saddle again

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the MS kit on my Rx8 already and am very very happy with it. Only one word of caution I learned this the hard way........ If the body shop does paint the bumper ensure that they prep the surface right and use lots of flex agent in the paint, because i had more whole car painted (same color more coats) it changed the color and they had to paint the bumper pieces, they did not use the proper flex agent and less than one week after i got it back paint was shattering on my nose..... the bad part it was peeling off even the mazda paint....... The worst part the shop refused to warranty it saying "the part came pre painted it was defective go to MAZDA"...... In truth and please remember this, IF THEY APPLY ANY PAINT THAT CANCELS MAZDA'S WARRANTY OBLIGATION AS THEY HAVE NOW MODIFIED OR DAMAGED THE ORIGINAL PAINT. Lucky for me that I have an awesome Mazda dealer and even though they had no obligation to me they took care of it as I had already spent close to $11k fixing the car (hit an run & MS kit etc)
Old 06-11-06, 01:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man I'm an FC guy and see those prices scares me. Good thing my car is old and the junkyard is my friend.
Old 06-11-06, 03:53 AM
Auto Delight Founder

Originally Posted by a_drift
Man I'm an FC guy and see those prices scares me. Good thing my car is old and the junkyard is my friend.
lucky guy you!
Old 06-11-06, 03:55 AM
Auto Delight Founder

Originally Posted by rotarydude
I have the MS kit on my Rx8 already and am very very happy with it. Only one word of caution I learned this the hard way........ If the body shop does paint the bumper ensure that they prep the surface right and use lots of flex agent in the paint, because i had more whole car painted (same color more coats) it changed the color and they had to paint the bumper pieces, they did not use the proper flex agent and less than one week after i got it back paint was shattering on my nose..... the bad part it was peeling off even the mazda paint....... The worst part the shop refused to warranty it saying "the part came pre painted it was defective go to MAZDA"...... In truth and please remember this, IF THEY APPLY ANY PAINT THAT CANCELS MAZDA'S WARRANTY OBLIGATION AS THEY HAVE NOW MODIFIED OR DAMAGED THE ORIGINAL PAINT. Lucky for me that I have an awesome Mazda dealer and even though they had no obligation to me they took care of it as I had already spent close to $11k fixing the car (hit an run & MS kit etc)
thanks for the words of advice! The body shop isnt painting the bumper anymore because im getting it new from the dealership. But yeah, my dealership and body shop are really good and hook me up. Well, i'm hoping that everything turns out great. I'll be posting up pics as soon as i can!

- Jon
Old 06-11-06, 03:59 AM

dude, i can't make it to rotorfest, i sorta flipped my 7
Old 06-11-06, 11:22 AM
FD Under Construction =P

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts
pics?
Old 06-11-06, 05:23 PM
Auto Delight Founder

Originally Posted by dhahlen
pics?
pics from who?? haha
Old 06-11-06, 05:28 PM

the saddest die in my life

..the 7 won't die
Old 06-11-06, 05:32 PM
250HP Toyota Camry

WTF happened!?!
Old 06-11-06, 05:38 PM

So guys * sigh* this is possibly the worst day of my life, i love my 7 so much and hit to see anything happen to it. But heres how my day went

So i was running in the backroads with a couple of friends it was at about 1am, so i started off slow just pacing myself then i gunned it and go for it, i passed my friends civic on the straightaway which felt so good, then my friends accord at a corkscrew turn, i mean i know these backroads i drive them everyday, i know what speeds what gear each cornor is but all it came to was a patch of dirt and rock in the road to mess me up, and i hit that patch of dirt, i was completely sideways then i hear my tires squeal and i just completely spun out and hit this ditch and it pushed my 7 onto its passenger side... right side fender is bent, possibly axle damage, right side door is bent in, right side of the bumper is messed up. then my friends stopped and ran out and yelled out "GLENNN ARE YOU OKAY??!?" and i was, i was being held up by my seatbelt. they pushed it over onto the road.. it didn't start at first but when i got out i just ran out to see it.. it was like this dream i couldn't wake up from.. like this surreal dream. but popped the hood and i connected the battery back in place. and started up fine, just like it normally does. then i just couldn't believe it.. i didn't want it to rot in the backroads and be gocked at my hella people, i was determined to get my 7 out of that hell hole when i was driving it, the tracking was hella off when i'd turn to the left the right front wheel would go opposite or not even at all, i didn't even push it passed 25 and i kept hearing this "pifffffffffff" sound like i was loosing air in my tire.. i just kept saying "roxy don't die on me" and finally i parked it at my friend house which is near by the backroads..

so i'm guessing i'm looking at extensive body work on the back a broken rack and pinnon maybe, a trashed front suspension and new wheels

but all in all, i'm great, i'm just hella sad, it was pretty dramatic sigh.. o well.. the 7 won't die

Last edited by NoRotor,NoMotor; 06-11-06 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-12-06, 02:57 AM
Auto Delight Founder

its alright glenn.. hows it going? Man, hey everyone, we got to help glenn here! I cant let this go without doing something!
Old 06-12-06, 10:45 AM
CPS Motorsport

So guys * sigh* this is possibly the worst day of my life, i love my 7 so much and hit to see anything happen to it. But heres how my day went

So i was running in the backroads with a couple of friends it was at about 1am, so i started off slow just pacing myself then i gunned it and go for it, i passed my friends civic on the straightaway which felt so good, then my friends accord at a corkscrew turn, i mean i know these backroads i drive them everyday, i know what speeds what gear each cornor is but all it came to was a patch of dirt and rock in the road to mess me up, and i hit that patch of dirt, i was completely sideways then i hear my tires squeal and i just completely spun out and hit this ditch and it pushed my 7 onto its passenger side... right side fender is bent, possibly axle damage, right side door is bent in, right side of the bumper is messed up. then my friends stopped and ran out and yelled out "GLENNN ARE YOU OKAY??!?" and i was, i was being held up by my seatbelt. they pushed it over onto the road.. it didn't start at first but when i got out i just ran out to see it.. it was like this dream i couldn't wake up from.. like this surreal dream. but popped the hood and i connected the battery back in place. and started up fine, just like it normally does. then i just couldn't believe it.. i didn't want it to rot in the backroads and be gocked at my hella people, i was determined to get my 7 out of that hell hole when i was driving it, the tracking was hella off when i'd turn to the left the right front wheel would go opposite or not even at all, i didn't even push it passed 25 and i kept hearing this "pifffffffffff" sound like i was loosing air in my tire.. i just kept saying "roxy don't die on me" and finally i parked it at my friend house which is near by the backroads..

so i'm guessing i'm looking at extensive body work on the back a broken rack and pinnon maybe, a trashed front suspension and new wheels

but all in all, i'm great, i'm just hella sad, it was pretty dramatic sigh.. o well.. the 7 won't die
If you want to be safe and still do spirited driving... Try it at auto-x... You can drive as hard as you want and all even if you mess up you would only at a few cones.
Old 06-12-06, 04:12 PM
Auto Delight Founder

Originally Posted by justint5387
If you want to be safe and still do spirited driving... Try it at auto-x... You can drive as hard as you want and all even if you mess up you would only at a few cones.
not a good time for your smart responses justin...
Old 06-13-06, 12:21 AM
CPS Motorsport

Originally Posted by Mazdaspeed RX8 ver2
not a good time for your smart responses justin...
I was just saying that so he can avoid that happen to him again... I have a lot of friends that go up to the mountain and they get their car beat out there and that is why i wont take my car out there... It is dangerous out there...
Old 06-13-06, 01:26 AM
Auto Delight Founder

Originally Posted by justint5387
I was just saying that so he can avoid that happen to him again... I have a lot of friends that go up to the mountain and they get their car beat out there and that is why i wont take my car out there... It is dangerous out there...
that's why you take your bro's car out there. And tell him its payback for scratching your car on the speed bump at rotary extreme. haha
Old 06-13-06, 02:14 AM

its kool man, i didn't take it offense. but yeah i'm too poor to auto but i'll try to out when i get my car up ready again in 2 months
Old 06-13-06, 02:31 AM
Auto Delight Founder

its kool man, i didn't take it offense. but yeah i'm too poor to auto but i'll try to out when i get my car up ready again in 2 months
Hey justin, me you and glenn should go auto x'in one time. also, i'll get shane up in the mix, another good good photo shoot right there. hahaha.

Quick Reply: Worst day...