3rd Generation Specific (1993-2002) 1993-2002 Discussion including performance modifications and Technical Support Sections.
Sponsored by:

4 rotor RX-7 from SCOOT!!!

Old 07-27-03, 01:09 AM
Slave2TheFD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw Autotechs 4 rotor in the FD and they hammered the firewall back to get it to fit. The 4 rotor 12a is about the same size as a 13b 3 rotor so the size isn't so much of an issue as you might think.
Old 07-29-03, 11:59 AM
\m/

Those throttle bodys or carbs, i can't really tell, what you guys think?
Old 07-29-03, 01:24 PM

Those throttle bodys or carbs, i can't really tell, what you guys think?

Those throttle bodys 47mm Diameter
Slide Valve Throttle & two pawer FC injection control.

two FD pic up Sensor. two w/temp a/temp f/temp knock & one Throttle Sensor .one ISCV
with Air-conditioning contorol sys.

that is comfortable load car

not show car!
Old 07-29-03, 04:38 PM
FxF
Dorifto Tengoku No More

Re: Those throttle bodys or carbs, i can't really tell, what you guys think?

Originally posted by Akebono
Those throttle bodys 47mm Diameter
Slide Valve Throttle & two pawer FC injection control.

two FD pic up Sensor. two w/temp a/temp f/temp knock & one Throttle Sensor .one ISCV
with Air-conditioning contorol sys.

that is comfortable load car

not show car!
Do you know where the redline is? What horsepower will they be making?
Old 07-29-03, 04:41 PM

I want your model to go with my RX-8 and 787B ones.

Haven't found any RX-7 ones yet in that size which sucks.

Any ideas ???
Old 07-29-03, 05:52 PM
FxF
Dorifto Tengoku No More

Originally posted by Maestro
I want your model to go with my RX-8 and 787B ones.

Haven't found any RX-7 ones yet in that size which sucks.

Any ideas ???
Have a look at this...
RX-7 Models thread
I think you 'll find what you are looking for....
Old 07-29-03, 07:04 PM

Sweet I'll have to get a photo of my mazda 787b limited edition on.

Its my Fave
Old 07-29-03, 08:30 PM
I have more fun than you.

That body kit is ugly as crap. All the lines are destroyed....

but Nice Hood and of course, the engine.
Old 07-29-03, 11:19 PM

I know people have different opinions about what body kits look good or not, but even if you don't like the kit on Scoot's four rotor FD, you gotta give them respect for going all out and designing a whole new body kit for this awesome car! Instead of just getting an existing body kit off the shelf they wanted to make the outside of the car as unique as the engine under the hood.
Old 07-29-03, 11:29 PM
I have more fun than you.

Originally posted by Akagi_Red_Sun
I know people have different opinions about what body kits look good or not, but even if you don't like the kit on Scoot's four rotor FD, you gotta give them respect for going all out and designing a whole new body kit for this awesome car! Instead of just getting an existing body kit off the shelf they wanted to make the outside of the car as unique as the engine under the hood.
Body wise:

I applaud them for an innovative spirit but a big ZERO for the implementation. It's as if they went to a 2nd gen and made it even boxier.

The FD is a classic design. I LOVE the scoot hood and have one but that kit is awful otherwise.

I may be eating my words a bit with the Amemiya side skirts and fenders that are being put on and had reservations but I was thinking the scoot hood and bumper unbalanced the car at certain angles. Plus having the 18" 285's in the back now may require some width....

Old 08-05-03, 05:27 AM
Rotary Powered Boobies

I'm pretty sure that's the car they built to go race in NZ at the Top Speed trials. They're last car ran 327km but still lost to the top secret supra. So I imagine the lines of the new body are wind tunnel tested(Just Guessing here). You can see the last race in Option2 video Vol.33 RX7 Special.
Old 08-05-03, 06:44 AM

hmmm.. wish I could get a copy of their PFC map for the 13 B KAI FD
Old 08-05-03, 04:12 PM

Close it lost to the Veilside GTR

FD 327 km/h (in the rain)
GTR 340 kn/h

The FD was the only car to be consistant.

Also it show what happens later in Japan on the option video when it shows the vielside GTR at 300kmh and Scoot flys pass like the GTR is standing still.

The FD is definately faster to its top speed than the GTR.

Also the FD maxed out at 327km/h.

Lets break out the law of physics

Originally posted by luiml73
I'm pretty sure that's the car they built to go race in NZ at the Top Speed trials. They're last car ran 327km but still lost to the top secret supra. So I imagine the lines of the new body are wind tunnel tested(Just Guessing here). You can see the last race in Option2 video Vol.33 RX7 Special.
Old 08-07-03, 04:36 PM

The motor is amazing! I also like the headlights, I wonder if the will be for sale?
Old 08-07-03, 05:24 PM

s15 taillights?
Old 08-07-03, 05:47 PM
DGRR 2017 4/26-4/30, 2017

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I like the engine.. and from front of the car up to about mid part of the door.. I don't really care for the back end of the car.. kind of.. I don't know.. i guess ugly..

The head lights are pretty neat.. I seen something close to that somewhere else.. I can't pin point...
Old 08-07-03, 06:04 PM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

Originally posted by 93blackrx
are those toyota camry tail lights? yuk, the only good thing about that fd is that it has the coolest rotary I've ever seen!!!!!
I was thinking solara?
Old 08-07-03, 06:49 PM

i notive on this forum a lot of haters. "this body kit is fugly" its not your car, who cares, and these people have more ingenuity on these subjects than most of you ever will. It really sickens me how so many people rant and rave on such trivial things, and actually have the audacity to judge something like this. Its a truly amazing machine and thats that. If you dont like it, you might just be jealous at the fact that you could not acheive such a prestigious mark, and a lot of you haters seem to have this sort of 'automotive ***** envy'. Seems pretty immature to me. But this, just as all you people love to express so inherintly, is just my opinion.
Old 08-08-03, 12:40 AM
What's an RX-7 ?

Why doesnt my car sound like that ?
Goddamnit !!
Old 08-14-03, 06:32 PM
DGRR 2017 4/26-4/30, 2017

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by red xeven
i notive on this forum a lot of haters. "this body kit is fugly" its not your car, who cares, and these people have more ingenuity on these subjects than most of you ever will. It really sickens me how so many people rant and rave on such trivial things, and actually have the audacity to judge something like this. Its a truly amazing machine and thats that. If you dont like it, you might just be jealous at the fact that you could not acheive such a prestigious mark, and a lot of you haters seem to have this sort of 'automotive ***** envy'. Seems pretty immature to me. But this, just as all you people love to express so inherintly, is just my opinion.
I agree with you.. I hate reading thru pages of someone complaining about something.. I tried to skip thru.. but end up reading all the **** because I feel like I'm going to read something useful.. I do complain on this forum.. but there are people who complains WAY too much.. Out of the norm of society... You might want to see a shrink about that..
Old 08-29-03, 04:04 PM
Twin Turbo LSX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shouldn't this thread be moved to the rotary performance area?
Old 08-29-03, 04:06 PM
Twin Turbo LSX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
guess I should have named my thread "LS1 RX-7 from BRYAN!!!".
Old 08-30-03, 12:32 AM

Originally posted by red xeven
LOL! You've gotta admit this car is friggin ugly. What I hate is when people take one of the worlds most beautiful cars and turn it into something that looks like a concept car from the 70s. I mean camry tail lights, you've gotta be kidding!
Old 08-30-03, 12:35 AM

Originally posted by Jedon
I saw Autotechs 4 rotor in the FD and they hammered the firewall back to get it to fit. The 4 rotor 12a is about the same size as a 13b 3 rotor so the size isn't so much of an issue as you might think.
The difference in the thickness of a 12A to 13B housing is 1cm. So going for a 12A over a 13B will save only 3 cms. Then you need to add on 7cms for the extra rotor + more for the extra centre plate. So the 4 rotor will be bigger.
Old 08-30-03, 02:11 AM

i agree with david deco.... ur right the ricer body kit isnt there lol.. but here is the deal kiddos... look at it.. i bet u that thing as far as actuall aerodynamics kicks serious ***.... u know.. some people have form follow function and dont care as much what it looks like as long as it does what its supposed to.... then u work with what u have left.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4 rotor RX-7 from SCOOT!!!