Rotary shack horror story

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-11, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotary shack horror story

I sent Robert my Nikki to have it prepped for boost and it took him weeks to get back to me and last week he dropped off the face of the earth and stole my money, has anyone had problems with him as well?
Old 04-20-11, 03:16 PM

dude you should have searched rotary shack here on the forums. there notorious for leaving you hanging ..
Old 04-20-11, 11:32 PM
All out Freak!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
OP, you need to send me a PM about this with more detail. I may be able to get you in touch with people that can help. This has been a long-standing problem with Rotary Shack, that is why they are not allowed on this forum anymore. Where did you make the deal? If it was through this forum, I need to know about that. Thanks.
Old 04-21-11, 02:27 AM
BOOBOO CACHU!!!

I wish I would have known this sooner, they suck *** he sold me two used NA S4 long blocks that had water seal leaks and apex seal carbon lock. Never deal with them...
Old 04-21-11, 02:31 AM
Manual Rack

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have dealt with RotaryShack once, never again. Good luck with everything.
Old 05-10-11, 05:26 PM

I wanted to update this and tell my news. Robert did come through with flying colors he was away that's why I couldn't reach him and I got the parts a few days ago and they look awesome. He even paid out of his pocket to priority mail it to me.

Last edited by rx7roller02; 05-10-11 at 07:48 PM. Reason: explained below
Old 05-10-11, 07:47 PM
All out Freak!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 85Gen1
I wanted to update this and tell my news. Robert did come through with flying colors he was away that's why I couldn't reach him and I got the parts a few days ago and they look awesome. He even paid out of his pocket to priority mail it to me.
I am going to step in here and speak about this comment....

It is our policy here to not allow positive feedback comments about businesses that have been kicked out of our classifieds sections. The reason for this is simple--Rotary Shack has a massively bad reputation for scamming people. Even after Robn was banned from this forum, he had kerebrus here selling for him. When we told kerebrus time and time again to stop this, he decided he was going to continue anyways....so he was banned as well.

RS has been banned from this forum for a long time now.....and yet, not a month goes by that I still do not get PMs from people asking for my help because RS took their money and disappeared. Rob came through for you--it is not a common occurrence these days from what we have seen. Rather than point other people in his direction, you should be counting your blessings that he didnt take your money like he did with so many others. There was even a member here that ended up taking RS to court because of thousands of dollars taken without the promised work being delivered. So, in light of all of this, I have removed your "dont be afraid" comment....nothing personal, I am just sick of hearing about the many people who got the shaft by them. And by telling others to buy from them, it encourages others to potentially get scammed as well.
Old 05-16-11, 01:20 AM

I have dealt with Robert and Rotary Shack. My experience has been that he is very hard to contact at times and things take a while to get. I bought a alternator and I took 3 weeks to get. He gave his cell number but when you call it the box is full so you cant leave messages. I got my product but I just wanted to say it is frustrating to deal with.
Old 06-11-11, 06:05 PM

Terrible experience with Rotary shack. I would agree with the previous posting for those that have received their parts; it was a fluke.

I waited for 2 years to get my parts and got excuses ranging from I was away on holidays, He had Jury duty to having the gall to tell me he had sent the parts but they were stuck in customs(funny thing is he wouldn't give a tracking number). I finally flew down from Canada to Socal to get my 2500 dollars worth of parts. Upon arriving at Roberts shop, my parts were just sitting on his bench and he proceeded to show me around his shop and bragged about other orders he had not shipped. IE. A motor for a customer in Norway that had been waiting for their motor for a year all because he said he didn't like to ship parts he told me.

Oh and did I see a cent for my rental car, plane ticket, hotel or the prepaid shipping?? Nope, the best he could come up with is he told my buddy and I that Chatsworth county was the **** capital of the world and asked us if we wanted some ******. True story...

Bottom line He is lazy, dishonest, Manipulative and no matter how the fit and finish of his products that doesn't excuse his lack of respect for his customers. He can rot in my opinion.

My 2 cents.

Brydon
Old 06-12-11, 01:43 AM
BOOBOO CACHU!!!

I have dealt with the same **** as you hahaha

Originally Posted by bbmac
Terrible experience with Rotary shack. I would agree with the previous posting for those that have received their parts; it was a fluke.

I waited for 2 years to get my parts and got excuses ranging from I was away on holidays, He had Jury duty to having the gall to tell me he had sent the parts but they were stuck in customs(funny thing is he wouldn't give a tracking number). I finally flew down from Canada to Socal to get my 2500 dollars worth of parts. Upon arriving at Roberts shop, my parts were just sitting on his bench and he proceeded to show me around his shop and bragged about other orders he had not shipped. IE. A motor for a customer in Norway that had been waiting for their motor for a year all because he said he didn't like to ship parts he told me.

Oh and did I see a cent for my rental car, plane ticket, hotel or the prepaid shipping?? Nope, the best he could come up with is he told my buddy and I that Chatsworth county was the **** capital of the world and asked us if we wanted some ******. True story...

Bottom line He is lazy, dishonest, Manipulative and no matter how the fit and finish of his products that doesn't excuse his lack of respect for his customers. He can rot in my opinion.

My 2 cents.

Brydon
Old 07-13-11, 09:07 AM
Rotary Haven

WOW. I am so glad I saw this. I was just damn near ready to call and have him turbo prep my carb and make a turbo manifold adapter plate for a blow thru setup on my fb.. looks like im back to searching for a place to get that stuff done.
Old 08-05-11, 04:00 PM
FKITALL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMGtdriver
I wish I would have known this sooner, they suck *** he sold me two used NA S4 long blocks that had water seal leaks and apex seal carbon lock. Never deal with them...
Sold me a bogus T2 engine as well, and still owes me a 12a but I gave up on that one a long time ago.
Old 08-05-11, 04:45 PM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

Originally Posted by The Wankler
Sold me a bogus T2 engine as well, and still owes me a 12a but I gave up on that one a long time ago.

sold me a cheap used engine that didnt last long too. i guess you get what you pay for. your rolling the dice with a used motor the way i see it, no matter who you get it from.

i said what the hell, had him build one of his " monster streetport motors" and its been running hard for 5 years..
Old 08-08-11, 07:20 PM

to update everyone i took the carb apart yesterday because carb isnt running correctly with boost and the ammount of gunk and grime in it was un acceptable. the carb i sent him was spotless. the car was perfetly maintained and that carb i sent was brand new more or less. he sent me a completely diffrent carb and i have a feeling my good carb is sitting on his shelf...
Old 10-11-11, 01:46 AM
BOOBOO CACHU!!!

I filed a BBB report with his company and waiting for results..RX8 and two S4 long blocks both crap and came from him...lets see how it goes
Old 10-18-11, 10:01 PM
ROTARY SCAMBUSTER

CA Rotary shack

Originally Posted by bbmac

My 2 cents.

Brydon

"We are still waiting for the payment he agree to pay in court".so far nothing. I tought after Robert got his business license from the Automovile Bureau he would correct his business practices but I was wrong.And I still see he still doing the same with other members on the forum.

TENAZ
Old 11-21-11, 01:35 PM
Lynch

paid for a gsl-se gas tank since october 10 & haven't received it yet. numerous phone calls to him but never got back to me.

never again rob @ rotaryshack
Old 11-21-11, 09:02 PM
ROTARY SCAMBUSTER

CA Rotary shack horror story

Originally Posted by Lynch
paid for a gsl-se gas tank since october 10 & haven't received it yet. numerous phone calls to him but never got back to me.

never again rob @ rotaryshack

How much did you paid him shipped to your place..?
I bet you paid him with Paypal,money order or cash..?

Tenaz
Old 11-22-11, 09:11 AM
ROTARY SCAMBUSTER

CA Rotaryshack horror story

To the Moderators and the Rotary Community:
As I said in the post back in 2009 https://www.rx7club.com/showthread.p...t=rotary+shack, This is a Followup After 2 years of litigation in Court with Rotary Shack /Robert Lives Jr we ending up settling in court but Robert Failed to pay what we agree on Court within the time given.Now I'll try all means to collect my money even is a fraction of the $$ what Robert charged me when he took my car.Now this Court document is a Public Record.
Name:  JudgmentagainstRotaryShackRobertLives1.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  89.3 KB
Name:  JudgmentagainstRotaryShackRobertLives2.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  92.8 KB
Old 11-22-11, 10:53 AM
Sharp Claws

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
guys like Robert make life difficult for real businesses, having to work extra hard to overcome the possibility of getting scammed by someone you may have never met or will meet face to face. trying to get customers is already difficult enough with the economy in the shape it's in.

being that he has been ripping people off for years, i wonder how he keeps getting more people coming to him or that he is still breathing.
Old 11-23-11, 07:08 AM
Lynch

ON rotaryshack

I paid through paypal. Surprisingly after I posted this, a short time after I got a full refund (paypal). Disappointed because I still need the parts but at least I got the money.
Old 11-24-11, 11:02 AM
ROTARY SCAMBUSTER

CA

Originally Posted by Karack
guys like Robert make life difficult for real businesses, having to work extra hard to overcome the possibility of getting scammed by someone you may have never met or will meet face to face. trying to get customers is already difficult enough with the economy in the shape it's in.

being that he has been ripping people off for years, i wonder how he keeps getting more people coming to him or that he is still breathing.

Because he has a lot advertising (in e-bay,facebook,its own website and videos from his friend's vehicles he worked it on). Of course the people they don't research enough on his name or business record they get hook.

As for example this add from his Facebook acc. 100% Misleading:

Mission : At Rotary Shack, we strive for 100% customer satisfaction so you can feel confident you are receiving the highest quality workmanship at the Rotary Shack!

Tell me all these members on this Thread are they getting 100% satisfaction..?

TENAZ
Old 11-24-11, 11:59 AM
Manual Rack

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bought a holley/racing beat manifold off him years ago. The packaging looked like a 5 year old did it. Chipped the manifold and cracked part of the holley, never again will i even talk to that jerk.

Considering how most people know not to bother with him there should be a sticky about that guy.
Old 11-24-11, 03:09 PM
1.5 Goodfella's Tall

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not saying anyone should do this but if someone does so, I'm not responsible...

1) Start a Rotary Shack is a Scam Facebook Page with all of the accounts of bad service and stealing.
2) Start a rotaryshacksucks.com website with the same info so it all comes up in searches.
Old 11-26-11, 10:41 PM
ROTARY SCAMBUSTER

CA Rotary shack horror story

Originally Posted by RXvedub
he is a real ********, and it takes him months to get to me but this guy knows his ****. the shop is always packed.. i wish less people would go to him.. everybody stop going!!! he sucks!! he keeps stealing my money too!
this guy knows his **** = I Know He knows his **** "to takes people money in advance and fail/delay to deliver or not deliver at all the parts he got paid ".
the shop is always packed= I doubt it I see his shop most of the time with close doors. Is not a regular mechanical shop like 8am-5pm shop.He opens it when he pleases.
he keeps stealing my money too= If you let him do it he will.

TENAZ

Quick Reply: Rotary shack horror story