66.7% fee for using credit card?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-10, 04:33 AM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rx7roller02
1--Robert did not at any time say that he did not tell the guy that he would charge him $200 more as a fee. Not once, not ever. In fact, Robert in his own words acknowledged that he did for real speak with this prospective customer and that the guy tried to use a credit card. He did not at any time, I repeat, say that he didnt make that offer. The details that Robert did provide make it clear that he does have a neighbor that has this machine, and that this conversation really did take place.

2---the paypal in good standing does not contradict a thing, because it is 100% misleading. Here's the problem--Robert has a proven history of making customers wait for MONTHS, sometimes more than a YEAR, for the parts or work they paid for. Anyone who uses paypal knows that once the time to report a complaint has expired, paypal will not allow you to file a complaint. That time limit is what, 45 days from the date you paid??? So, let's think this through--Robert strings you along as a customer for a while, keeps promising you a new delivery date for the work you paid for. The minute that the 45 days has passed, youre outta luck, chief, so how would paypal in good standing mean anything? It doesnt.

And like I said, the answer was easy enough and did not amount to fraud at all. Anyone who has ever had access to a corporate charge card knows that your personal name is not the one on the account, and that you would instead be an authorized user of the account. As it turns out, that appears to be the case here.

Two small details that you failed to grasp--first, when Robert himself is in contact with me regarding his transactions, and I use the specific info that HE PROVIDED TO ME to get to these conclusions, then I am not relying on "anonymous third party info". And second, we now know that this was in fact a real person and that Robert did do exactly what was claimed.

I do not have any hand in the decision as to who is a vendor and who is not. Believe me, if I did, the whole rotary shack lot would be out of here in a heartbeat. We already have enough problem children without their mess.

1--it is not possible for anyone to have "first-hand" info of any situation, unless we personally were the customer. That does not take away the fact that as a moderator here I have a job to do, and that job involves handling dishonest buyers and sellers here. OF course, I agree that first-hand info is better, but you do not know even half the story. I asked for Rob, through another member because he was banned at the time, to contact me via email and explain his side of the recent issues. He did so. I used HIS information to catch him lying about a lot of the details of what supposedly happened. I didnt rely on someone else, and certainly not on an anonymous person, to get to the conclusion that I did. When Robert himself changes his story a bunch of times, simple common sense dictates that something stinks at Rotary Shack.

2-- I do not take his money for anything. At this point, he was unbanned only so that the bad transactions he has caused with some of our members can be discussed. That doesnt mean that I take his money for anything. It means he was allowed back in after being banned already, so that we might fix the problems he has caused and get people either the things they paid for or their hundreds of dollars back.

Next time, if you dont know the facts, dont criticize me or my actions. This isnt a democracy.
this is all second hand BIAS bullshit !!! do not listen to anythig this guy has to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you need any facts please ask me as this thread is about me rotaryshack and i can explain exactly what happened . no bussiness transaction happened because the buyer was trying to commit fraud!! if anybody has any questions please pm me
Old 01-07-10, 10:22 AM
1st-Class Engine Janitor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by rx7roller02
Next time, if you dont know the facts, dont criticize me or my actions. This isnt a democracy.
Message received and noted, sir.

Of course, without the discussion that's taken place here, none of us would have any information, facts or otherwise, to know, would we?

As I've no wish to get banned just for taking part in what I thought was an open discussion in a public forum, I'm done with this thread.
Old 01-10-10, 06:26 PM
ROTARY SCAMBUSTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CA 66.7% fee for using credit card?

Originally Posted by 680RWHP12A
this is all second hand BIAS bullshit !!! do not listen to anythig this guy has to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you need any facts please ask me as this thread is about me rotaryshack and i can explain exactly what happened . no bussiness transaction happened because the buyer was trying to commit fraud!! if anybody has any questions please pm me
Again once more: Try to correct your mistakes instead of changing thinks around

You shouldn't say this to a moderator...
The most members in the forum Think it if you threat a moderator like this ......
How do you really treat you customers were waiting for their parts paid already for months.....

TENAZ
Old 01-10-10, 10:11 PM
All out Freak!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
The buyer wasnt trying to commit fraud, he was trying to use a CORPORATE CREDIT CARD. If you know what corporate charge accounts are, you would know that the person's name WILL NOT match the name on the card itself SPECIFICALLY because the person would be named as an AUTHORIZED USER and not the original cardholder. That doesnt make it fraud, it simply means that you failed to understand the basics of credit transactions. No one here, myself included, is to blame for that. I have use of several corporate charge accounts myself, and not a single one of them has MY name on the credit card itself.

You DID, however, tell him that there would be a $200 fee for him buying from you.....and THAT, my friend, IS fraud. The credit card companies do not allow such a charge. Even if you had no intention of accepting his card, you should have simply said so and been done with it. You didnt have to commit fraud yourself in the process. And thats the part you are still trying to dance around here--even if the guy had bad intentions, you were in the wrong for what you told him and how you tried to conduct business!

Then again, I have seen the photos of the engine you returned to tenaz. You remember, the one that you claim you did this great port job on? I saw the housings and the plates, and those ports dont look a hair different than stock, either in size or shape. I do recall that you charged him money for port work.....but I dont see any on that engine. I even compared photos of stock pieces to the ones of the parts you sent him back, and I sent these to some others who would know better than me....their consensus was the same. So, dont come in here and talk about ANYONE committing fraud, chief. You charged this guy $600 for intake and exhaust porting, according to the invoices YOU provided to me, and yet I dont see any such work evident on the pieces you returned to him.

Oh, and before you claim he sent me pics of some other engine, you yourself sent me pics of the same parts he did, in an email you sent me back on 11/25/09. I compared his to yours, and they are the same parts.

Last edited by rx7roller02; 01-10-10 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-11-10, 12:08 AM
Rotary Freak

Wow, the mud slinging in this (and the BG thread) make me sick to my stomach. How immature can you be, or is it's just a sad attempt to reverse the heat? Seems obvious.
Old 01-11-10, 11:09 PM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

Originally Posted by socalrotor
Wow, the mud slinging in this (and the BG thread) make me sick to my stomach. How immature can you be, or is it's just a sad attempt to reverse the heat? Seems obvious.
if you re read the thread in the bad guy section you will see TENAZ was the first to start the mud slingin. im not sayin its right for either party but its definatly not one sided

https://www.rx7club.com/bad-fugly-businesses-231/robert-l-aka-rotary-shack-871968/ post # 16
Old 01-11-10, 11:20 PM
All out Freak!

racerlink, you obviously have forgotten about the other two tenaz-vs-rotary shack threads previous to that one.....but I have not. Let's not pretend that this is the first time that tenaz posted a complaint about your boy, and lets also not pretend that the company in question has not publicly shat on its own customers on this very forum before.....mmkay?

You shouldnt have forgotten about those threads--between you and kerebrus, your third-party speaking for Rob caused problems plenty.
Old 01-12-10, 01:41 AM
Rotary Freak

Holy crap I see RS got banned, what did I miss?
Old 01-12-10, 08:18 AM
All out Freak!

Rob got banned because of several reasons. Complete and total disregard for forum rules, refusal to resolve ongoing customer complaints and issues, and just generally being a risk to other forum members that was not acceptable. Do business with him at your own risk, as Rotary Shack is no longer allowed to do business on this forum. Several people have paid him a lot of money and now cannot get their money back or what they paid for. Be very careful when dealing with this company.
Old 01-23-10, 01:23 AM
ROTARY SCAMBUSTER

CA 66.7% fee for using credit card ...FRAUD

Originally Posted by 680RWHP12A

I paid almost $150 for the clutch I gave to this LL.
as it shows in the invoice,2nd Item I paid to Racing Beat.

Now I'm the process putting all my parts ready for the rebuilt engine I'm getting and checking the parts I gave him I got this clutch back (The moderator can check
the picture of the clutch he received from Robert Lives Jr from 11/25/09 if its the same)

And Yes He commited Fraud giving me this part back,
is not my Brand new Clutch I bought from Racing Beat.
Now I have to buy it again....
I'm not talking s.... This is my proof.

TENAZ
Old 01-27-10, 03:12 AM
KM48 Burnout

Originally Posted by TENAZ
FYI Robert advised me to buy the items from RB at that time.

TENAZ
You're running a 4 puck. Go buy a street/strip disk if you want a clutch to last. I don't think Robert has anything to do with you frying your 4 puck racing clutch.

I know people are on an internet rampage for Robert's shop. You guys need to chill out and respect the fact that his shop is around to help us. You can't complain on his prices. If you want to spend thousands at the big shops, then go ahead. I don't think Robert's in it for the money, but the fun of the business.
Old 01-27-10, 11:12 AM
Smoov-e "Dick Like Mine"

Not to be a **** block but I still haven't got my parts yet. I really would like a full refund like what I really asked for.

https://www.rx7club.com/showpost.php...7&postcount=63
Old 01-27-10, 05:53 PM
ROTARY SCAMBUSTER

CA 66.7% fee for using credit card? Fraud

Originally Posted by ReZ311
You're running a 4 puck. Go buy a street/strip disk if you want a clutch to last. I don't think Robert has anything to do with you frying your 4 puck racing clutch.

I know people are on an internet rampage for Robert's shop. You guys need to chill out and respect the fact that his shop is around to help us. You can't complain on his prices. If you want to spend thousands at the big shops, then go ahead. I don't think Robert's in it for the money, but the fun of the business.
Fine if you are one of your customers,You can still getting assistance from.
None stopped you doing that.
But for some reason he got banned from here don't you think amigo ...?
I believe Robert couldn't play his game with the Administrator and moderators on this forum in resolving issues toward his formers customers........

Tenaz
Old 01-27-10, 11:42 PM
Rotary Freak

BBB Reliability Report for
Rotary Shack

Rating Explanation

Company Rating F
Our opinion of what this rating means:
We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.
Old 01-28-10, 12:00 AM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

Originally Posted by socalrotor
BBB Reliability Report for
Rotary Shack

Rating Explanation

Company Rating F
Our opinion of what this rating means:
We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.
there website takes a while to update, check back in 6 months to see updates
Old 01-28-10, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Guys you need to stop conducting RS business here on the forums. This goes for the customers as well as Kerebrus.

If you want to discuss your problems with RS contact them directly. We will not continue to let RS business be conducted here.