1st Generation Specific (1979-1985) 1979-1985 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections

competition wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-09, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
competition wheels?

Mazdatrix.com has panasport wheels for sale, but the page says the wheels are for competition use only, what's the difference between these and the panasports I see on a lot of forum members' cars? I've got a set of konig rewinds but have always wanted panasports, would these be dangerous to drive on the street?
Old 07-27-09, 06:21 PM

normaly they aren't dot stamped and they are made farily light and might not take the abuse of pot holes and such on the street. what thier sale price? i just looked ant they are 205 a pop
Old 07-27-09, 11:12 PM
Rotary Freak

Received 230 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by zephyr07
Mazdatrix.com has panasport wheels for sale, but the page says the wheels are for competition use only, what's the difference between these and the panasports I see on a lot of forum members' cars? I've got a set of konig rewinds but have always wanted panasports, would these be dangerous to drive on the street?
I have 8 of them for my racecar. I frankly have no idea why they are labeled for competition use only. They are extremely strong, lite and are a higher quality wheel than the Panasport knock offs from Konig and Rota. For example the Panasports have steel inserts for the lug nuts and the Konig's don't. Really nice when you changing wheels allot.

That said the Konig's and Rotas are more than fine for the street and would probably be okay for racing/solo. Just not as good as the Panasports.

Why not call Mazdatrix and ask them....they are a Panasport dealer.
Old 07-28-09, 02:11 PM

I thought that price was for a set, should've known that 200 dollars for 4 wheels is way too good to be true, I figured they would be much lighter than most other wheels..