3rd Generation Specific (1993-2002) 1993-2002 Discussion including performance modifications and Technical Support Sections.
Sponsored by:

Vacuum Diagrams(Stock, Simplified Sequential, Non-sequential, Single Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-08, 07:51 PM
Always Under Construction

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Vacuum Diagrams(Stock, Simplified Sequential, Non-sequential, Single Turbo

Well I was tired of having to look so many differnent places and threads to find pictures and diagrams so i decided to make my own and post them all together.

First is a stock diagram for referance.

Next is Simplified Seq.

A few changes can be made here to further simplify this. Running aftermarket FPR? ( You can remove the baby blue line and solenoid going to the stock FPR and run it straight from the LIM to the nipple on the aftermarket FPR )

Next is Simplified Seq. w/ both version of hooking up a boost controller.
Version 1

Version 2

Last is full non-sequential which is primarily the same as single and non-sequential w/aftermarket boost controller

Hope this helps thanks

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Vacuum Diagrams(Stock, Simplified Sequential, Non-sequential, Single Turbo-rx7vacuumdiagram.jpg   Vacuum Diagrams(Stock, Simplified Sequential, Non-sequential, Single Turbo-simplifiedseqchrisversion.jpg   Vacuum Diagrams(Stock, Simplified Sequential, Non-sequential, Single Turbo-simplifiedseqchrisversionboostco-1.jpg   Vacuum Diagrams(Stock, Simplified Sequential, Non-sequential, Single Turbo-simplifiedseqchrisversionboostcontr.jpg   Vacuum Diagrams(Stock, Simplified Sequential, Non-sequential, Single Turbo-non-sequentialchrisversion.jpg  

Vacuum Diagrams(Stock, Simplified Sequential, Non-sequential, Single Turbo-non-sequentialchrisversionboostcont.jpg  

Last edited by dgeesaman; 04-20-08 at 06:17 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by twomucboost4u:
94RX74me (12-27-19), alejo13 (10-20-23), cnidus (02-18-22), rade95 (04-17-21), SonnyDeez (07-17-21), tomatoto (12-16-19) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-19-08, 08:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice should be sticky or archive
Old 04-19-08, 08:38 PM
Jon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was looking for a diagram like this about 3 hours ago!!! thanks this will help me a bunch
Old 04-19-08, 08:40 PM
RHD ftw!

awesome!
man ive been waiting for someone to piece everything together!
and this is pretty much setting my mind to non sequential... god that looks so... amazing xD
ive had soooooo many issues with my solenoids... and vacuum lines... and GAH.
Old 04-20-08, 03:54 PM

thanks so much for this
Old 04-20-08, 04:18 PM
sleeper

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
if i could only see the picts. there not working for me...
Old 04-20-08, 05:14 PM
BTR RANCID

ko got a simple question, aboit yht e nipples on the lim after you have removed the twins and puttign in a single do you just cap these off looks like some kind of actuator connected to the side of the lim is that the fuel pressure reg?
Old 04-20-08, 06:18 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 4CN A1R
if i could only see the picts. there not working for me...
That's because they were lame photobucket links. I edited the post to convert them to forum attachments.

Dave
The following users liked this post:
grinn253 (12-05-21)
Old 04-20-08, 06:22 PM
sleeper

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dgeesaman
That's because they were lame photobucket links. I edited the post to convert them to forum attachments.

Dave
thx alot dave. i can see them now...
Old 04-20-08, 06:28 PM

The 4 lines that come off the LIM in a group can be left open you dont need to block them off they are actually just passages through the manifold and do not go into the manifold directly. The Nipple on the LIM that has the baby blue line is a pressure line to the Stock solenoid which controls the stock FPR which is what the baby blue line goes to you will use that to run from the LIM directly to you aftermarket FPR which should have a nipple on it for vacuum for it to adjust for boost. The other line that come off the LIM the yellow line will go to a fitting that youll have to put eighter in the tube right after the turbo or some people even tap the compressor housing with a fitting for this. Hope this helps.

Chris
Old 04-20-08, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by dgeesaman

Dave
Thanks I didnt want to re-size them again it was late when I finished them and wanted to go to sleep. lol lazy me.

Chris
Old 04-20-08, 07:19 PM
Rotary Enthusiast

Is there a diagram to show what needs to be blocked off ?

Im interested in doing the Full non-sequetial at home, and getting the wastegate ported while doing this mod.

Is there anyone that has done this mod themselves?

I would like a "mentor" i could email if i need any help while doing this mod.

Also, what website could i buy the block off plates for?

Will i pass emisions going full non sequential?

Can i use the stock ECU or should I get a Power FC and Commander to run the non sequential perfecty?
Old 04-21-08, 11:50 AM
BTR RANCID

http://www.banzai-racing.com/products_fd_bop_kit.htm

heres a wbsite that you can get the bop;s from they have an 8 and a 9 piece for single turbo bop kit and it only 40 bucks shipped and they will get it to you really quik like 4 days is all it took to get mine it will also come with detailed instructions for the instal ..... as for emissions you will not pass imissions im guesssing unless you have some sort of cat on your car best case cenario you should go have a gat made to bolt into you exhaust that you can puton once a year to get state inspection or find a state that doesnt do it like south dakota
there are other ways of cheating it but nothing is garaunteed to work or be safe for your motor so it will tske a lttle bit of exparimenting on your aprt
Old 04-21-08, 02:29 PM
Feed me fake Feed

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
if i purchase the block off plates from Banzai, does that mean i would refer to the simplified sequential diagram?
Old 05-25-08, 12:02 PM

Few questions:

-What is the difference hooking the boost controller in the 2 different ways? Any advantage doing one over the other?

-Will a single MBC work well to control the boost? Just seen Damians 2 MBC setup and it got me wondering...

Thanks for uploading those pics!

Jon
Old 05-25-08, 10:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You might want to put this one in the batch too. This is the diagram using Rob Bailey's aftermarket solenoids. I get asked for it occasionally.
--Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Vacuum Diagrams(Stock, Simplified Sequential, Non-sequential, Single Turbo-r-bailey-solenoids1.jpg  
Old 05-26-08, 08:04 AM

make this a sticky
Old 05-26-08, 11:02 AM

legendary thread

Old 05-26-08, 08:49 PM
FEED me

Aye Chris, wanna come help me out later to do a vacuum line up some non seq twins? HAHA...
Old 05-26-08, 11:54 PM
Turd Ferguson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's one for a single turbo conversion:

Nevermind the red circle.
Attached Thumbnails Vacuum Diagrams(Stock, Simplified Sequential, Non-sequential, Single Turbo-untitled56.jpg  

Last edited by dgeesaman; 06-12-08 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-11-08, 03:47 PM
Built not bought.

Hey.... I have a question.... What is the main purpose for this whole vacuum line thing? I know that the lines are fragile and need replacement. So are these diagrams just for replacing the vacuum lines?
How come in the simplified version there are so much less vacuum lines?? do you remove them??
Old 06-11-08, 06:10 PM
Mr. Links

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by StreetRage
Hey.... I have a question.... What is the main purpose for this whole vacuum line thing? I know that the lines are fragile and need replacement. So are these diagrams just for replacing the vacuum lines?
How come in the simplified version there are so much less vacuum lines?? do you remove them??
The turbo control and emissions components work off actuators and solenoids. The actuators/valves are operated by pressure and vacuum. The pressure/vacuum is regulated by the solenoids.

The simplified vacuum setup removes the emissions components as well as re-routes some of the vacuum and pressure sources for less vacuum lines. There is no performance benefit to doing it.
Old 06-11-08, 07:07 PM
needs more track time

Received 506 Likes on 348 Posts
There used to be a thread with that image / diagram that was blown up so that it could be printed poster size. Anyone know where that is?
Old 06-12-08, 12:28 PM
Built not bought.

So for example if you follow the diagram of the "full non sequential" setup, and you remove all those extra lines, then your turbos will not work sequentially? They will be non sequential?
So basically, in the simplified version, you just take out all the vacuum lines that are not needed? And the engine still works fine without those lines?
Old 06-12-08, 12:43 PM
Mr. Links

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by StreetRage
So basically, in the simplified version, you just take out all the vacuum lines that are not needed?
Not needed? They are needed to control the emissions components. If you live in an area which does not require emissions testing, then removing those components may be an option for you.

Quick Reply: Vacuum Diagrams(Stock, Simplified Sequential, Non-sequential, Single Turbo