Vendor Classifieds For vendors to list their items for sale

FC One piece composite headlights NO FLIPS

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-10, 09:07 PM
The Big Ugly!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KNONFS
Got to love the noobs

I have probably done more to my FC, than most of you will ever do to all of the vehicles that you will ever own. Body shop?, how about doing all of the body work, prep work, and paiting the car yourself? Yup, checked! Did a full na to turbo swap? Yup, checked! Rebuilded and ported the engine? Yup, checked! Installed a E6K from scratch? Yup, checked! etc, etc, etc
That's a pretty bold statement & that's good that you have done work, but to say more then most is speaking blindly. I have done everything you have listed & more to be honest. I'm not taking away from your abilities, but to go around calling people noobs based on post count is pointless. I understand you would like some instructions, but not everything you will buy in life comes with instructions. Did you try PM'ing the vendor with any questions? Are you having an issue mounting them? Someone else may encounter a similar problem.
Old 12-18-10, 05:41 AM
B O R I C U A

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by LunchboxCritter
He responded to the question the first time it was asked. How about you read the entire thread before showing out? I've never had to rebuild a motor yet, and that is a bad thing?

Please also post the date of that post and how many other times I have posted the same/similar question without any form of acknowledgement. Also, don't forget that the post you quoted was AFTER I bought the item.

Originally Posted by rotordad
That's a pretty bold statement & that's good that you have done work, but to say more then most is speaking blindly. I have done everything you have listed & more to be honest. I'm not taking away from your abilities, but to go around calling people noobs based on post count is pointless. I understand you would like some instructions, but not everything you will buy in life comes with instructions. Did you try PM'ing the vendor with any questions? Are you having an issue mounting them? Someone else may encounter a similar problem.
Ok, so you have done the same or more than me. How many others that are yapping about this issue have? You are right, postcount have nothing to do, BUT if you look at those adding their .02 cents, you will notice the correlation (not to mentioned that some haven't even purchased the product)

I am not having any issues with it, you guys are failing to see my point, its the PRINCIPLE. I believe I was the ONLY one that purchased the kit without lights, because I will be using a different kind. Trust me, I can make this happen without any help, instructions, or pictures

Its the principle, keyword principle.
Old 12-18-10, 10:00 AM
Looking for a new FC

I purposely did not chime in for fear of being called a "noob" based on my post count. I have yet to receive these and I also ordered mine without lights, but I have installed similar items on a MKIII Supra that I used to own... it wasn't difficult. But I also realize that not everyone has been working on cars for fun and professionally for the past 20+ years like I have, and may not have the tools, or just plain are not handy but love cars. Which is why I agree that instructions should be included. I know I'm new to the site, but I kinda felt a certain way about openly voicing grievances with the Vendor when, according to your own listing of your skills, you shouldn't have much issue adapting them. I think the best way would be a private back and forth where you can get as heated as you like, and maybe share your knowledge on what you have learned installing yours (they are installed, right?) with some of the less handy members. I agree with you; just not your method, approach, and the tooting of your own horn that seems belittling to other members. But that is just my two cents. Don't mind me...

Last edited by Low Key FC GXL; 12-18-10 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-18-10, 11:10 AM

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be nice to have instructions included, but as mentioned above it'd be a direct copy of the FSM for removal and then "drill holes and screw in" for installation.

It's just unnecessary to play up the drama with the whole "buyer beware" thing, especially when fd3s777 is easily accessible via this forum, PM, e-mail and telephone. If anyone who bought this kit (lights or not) had issues installing, the first thing to do would be contact the seller (or, in KNONFS's place, read the thread) and ask.

In retrospect, I should have known better than to feed the trolls.
Old 12-18-10, 11:12 AM
The Big Ugly!

Hey man really some instructions would be cool, but like I said a lot of things just don't come with them. When I got my Mariah kit years ago it didn't come with any instructions nor did my water to air aftercooler. Neither of which were slap on & go deals & definitely not cheap. Do I think I deserved a set of instructions, no. Would it have been nice or a better buying experience to have them upon purchase, sure why not. Seeing that you are from Va as well I would like to see the lights when you are finished, since I had to back out of the GB due to some funny money. Hopefully you & FD3s can get things worked out.
Old 12-18-10, 02:26 PM
Disco Biscuit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I appreciate that you made the lights, the opportunity to own a set of lights that are no longer in production by East Bear, and at half of the price of the originals.

Let me know when you have another group buy, and I might be in for another set for my daughter's car.
Old 12-19-10, 12:12 AM
B O R I C U A

Originally Posted by Felbane
I'm not saying that it wouldn't be nice to have instructions included, but as mentioned above it'd be a direct copy of the FSM for removal and then "drill holes and screw in" for installation.

It's just unnecessary to play up the drama with the whole "buyer beware" thing, especially when fd3s777 is easily accessible via this forum, PM, e-mail and telephone. If anyone who bought this kit (lights or not) had issues installing, the first thing to do would be contact the seller (or, in KNONFS's place, read the thread) and ask.

In retrospect, I should have known better than to feed the trolls.
All you have to do is go back and see how many times I asked him for an update on the instructions, just to be blatantly ingonred, over, and over, and over.

Originally Posted by rotordad
Hey man really some instructions would be cool, but like I said a lot of things just don't come with them. When I got my Mariah kit years ago it didn't come with any instructions nor did my water to air aftercooler. Neither of which were slap on & go deals & definitely not cheap. Do I think I deserved a set of instructions, no. Would it have been nice or a better buying experience to have them upon purchase, sure why not. Seeing that you are from Va as well I would like to see the lights when you are finished, since I had to back out of the GB due to some funny money. Hopefully you & FD3s can get things worked out.

I understand that some things don't come with instructions, and if thats the case, thats all the seller have to say; rather than ignore multiple questions. Again, its all about principles. There is nothing to work out with FD3s, and I don't consider him a bad seller. If this was feedback based case, I would rate him as neutral.

You are more than welcome to check the FC once I install them
Old 12-21-10, 09:03 PM
Retired Moderator, RIP

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
I got my Light Kit Yesterday.
I like the design and the lights.
BUT,Yes,It would be nice to know what you are up against when taking your Car apart and where the Mounting points would be.(wiring is Simplistic.No brainer.)
There are 10 people that Got this Kit,and More to come..( another GB in the works).
Jay,are you going to Kindly post up a How TO on installation?
I am sure that you are going to be having more Sales than the 10 sent and 10 Coming up..It would be a benefit to all if you could save Guys from screwing up their Perfectly Good Light kits and functioning Flip ups if you could Supply Instructions.
Thanks,STYX.
Old 12-22-10, 12:41 AM

I have photos of this on my FC vert, the thing is that my front bumper is RE 2000 front, not stock. I filled up the front bumper 2 light holes. So there is no support points for the front of my E.bear lights. So my install is bit different than most of you guys. But the top part is same. You will need to drill 2 holes on the top of the headlight support frame. Original screw holes on the frame will not match. Cuz the way East Bear had it, it is just not possible. See below photo the inner center screw don't have enought room to match the stock screw hole.
Old 12-22-10, 12:52 AM

Mounting the front part will be hard if your hands are big. Cuz you need to slid under the lights and screw these 4 yellow dot points to the front bumper. When I got my lights the guy had trimmed 4 holes like the second photo. What he did is before put the light on, on those 4 holes location where they will meet the front bumper. Mount 4 screws on those spots, but dont screw all the way in. (in this case the screw I provided might be too short to do this) So that your headlight base can just clip on top of these screws. Then you can tie upi the screws so the lights won't slip.

Old 12-22-10, 12:58 AM

So those 4 points will hold upi the lights. Now about mounting the lights. Make sure on the lights where it says "TOP" is on top. Mount the lights like showned below photo. ON the photo left side is front of the car. Mount the blue dot screw first. After you have focused the lights direction. Then screw on the red dot screws. So you will be taking the light bases on and off. Make sure the bracket is mounted like the photo.

Old 12-22-10, 12:59 AM

Wiring these is just simple as spliting the wires to the high and low beam of stock lights.
Old 12-22-10, 01:22 AM
All Blacked Out

Thanks!
Old 12-22-10, 09:17 AM
B O R I C U A

AWESOME, you are the man!
Old 01-17-11, 02:22 AM

Im still want these, are you still doing another group buy?
Old 01-20-11, 05:21 AM
Rotor or die

These lights are amazingly beautiful... I just can't believe so many people had trouble with installs.
Put me down for the next group buy if there will be one
Old 01-21-11, 07:58 PM

hope there will be some of these available when i get done with basic and can afford them! they look awesome.
Old 01-23-11, 09:38 PM

If anyone still want some PM me. I'll try to make more.

Pic of my FC with my 8.
Old 02-04-11, 07:58 AM

How's the light output and cut-off with the supplied headlights?
Old 04-28-11, 10:09 AM
Disco Biscuit

I finally got around to wrestling with my bumper and hood to get them lined up so I could install these lights. They still need paint (as does the entire car), but here you go.

Old 05-14-11, 02:01 PM

Look great, will be even better after painted. If anyone still want this kit, I have in stock. PM me. Thanks!
Old 05-14-11, 11:27 PM
The Big Ugly!

Lights look good!
Old 05-22-11, 10:27 PM

I have relocate my lights mouting point. Cuz if I mounted on the sleek itself it would be too fragile. This happen to me. I had me car hand wash and the guy pushed on the driving light and crack my sleek holding base. So I have relocate those 4 lights on the frame for the OEM headlights. It is so much stronger now. Also you can mount the lights on first. Make suer they are focused, then slip on the sleek headligh bases. So much easier this way. I think this is how it is suppose to be installed. pics...

Old 06-23-11, 12:54 PM
Blah, Blah, blah

Originally Posted by fd3s777
Look great, will be even better after painted. If anyone still want this kit, I have in stock. PM me. Thanks!
PM'd you. Call me asap!! I need this for a turbo inlet project.
Old 07-09-11, 12:18 AM

In stock ready to ship.

Quick Reply: FC One piece composite headlights NO FLIPS