Power FC Forum Apex Power FC Support and Questions.

Power FC made a bit of a discovery regarding the commander pro setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-08, 05:53 AM
M-O

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
made a bit of a discovery regarding the commander pro setup

i have a subaru, and the commander pro lead (jap version)(datalogit seamed hard to get hold of at the time), its major downfall is that it will not log AFR`s as i am sure most of you know

i was playing around this morning and tried one of my logfiles in the "proper" version of FC-PRO and was amazed to find that my logs now show quite a bit more data then the commander pro version was showing me lol

including 2 x o2 sensor inputs

while i have used the "dodgy versions" before to adjust maps (you do get a load more options to play with) i have never ever been able to get them to log.

so i ended up having to hack the jap commander pro software install program a bit to have it install on a uk machine.

it seams the basic commander pro lead/software will actually log everything (apart from the second o2 sensor, maybe the lead needs hacked?) and you can then use the logfile in the "proper"version of the software to check the fueling etc etc

i have been wondering if a wideband setup to simulate a narrowband is accurate enough..........

i feel like i have discovered something amazing lol

Last edited by M-O; 10-16-08 at 05:55 AM.
Old 10-16-08, 05:58 AM
M-O

ps the scalings are all off on the log and need setup in the above picture, i also have not hooked up the simulated narrowband yet to the pfc
Old 10-16-08, 02:32 PM
M-O

i was told the pfc can take 2 volts via the lambda readings so tweaked my widebands narrowband simulation this afternoon and drove home after work

logging with the commander pro software

got home and loaded the log up into the proper apexi dealer fc-pro program, and lo and behold, the fueling has all been logged sweet as a nut

makes things a little easier
Old 10-16-08, 03:26 PM
M-O

a log i did on the way home from work (ignore the det flash, i had a lean spot in the map)

this was done with the basic commander pro lead + software

then saved and loaded up into the real software

look at how much extra **** you have to play with, and its logging my simulated narrowband output on the wideband (not scaled properly at the moment)

Old 10-16-08, 06:00 PM
rotorhead

Received 429 Likes on 263 Posts
it's a bit hard to follow this, most people just use the datalogit FC-edit software.
Old 10-17-08, 02:45 AM
M-O

i thought as much, but i did figure that a few of you lot would be using the commander pro lead.

basically, if you have the commander pro lead, you are restricted and can not log some things like fueling and such

makes it a pain as you have to cross referance logs (ie: 1 wideband and one apexi)

its doable, but a pain

if you run your commander pro apexi log through the "real" apexi dealer software, you get all the extra "hidden" stuff available to view.

the full version of the apexi software is available on the net if you look hard enough (mine came from a bloke in taiwan lol)

might help a few of you lot out anyway
Old 10-21-08, 03:23 AM
M-O

hello again

after having a little play, i used the widebands simulated narrowband output and hooked it up to the pfc

i programmed the output as follows

0.05 volts to 2.0volts

14.5afr is 1.0 volt

did a little "commander pro" log on the way into work this morning, and ran the log back through the FC-PRO software

it is tracking the O2 voltages fine

not sure just how many volts the PFC can take and measure (i suspect 5 volts!!) this would mean that anybody running a permanent wideband in the car could technically hook it up to the PFC o2 input and check the fuelling with the commander handset MUCH more accurately then just using a narrowband