Abel Ibarra's R100 Comeback **PIC** - RX7Club.com

Log In 


Abel Ibarra's R100 Comeback **PIC**

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-07, 07:37 PM   #1
*** Bless The USA
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Viking War Hammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saint Louis / Illinois
Posts: 7,131
Abel Ibarra's R100 Comeback **PIC**

I know the picture has been out since last year but thought I would post it

I'd like to see him bring the R100 back out.







This picture is just plain mean.

Viking War Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 07:55 PM   #2
'Tuna'
10 Year Member
 
crispeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Miami,Fl,USA
Posts: 4,635
Don't you have something to go weld or a tps switch to wire up!
crispeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 07:56 PM   #3
*** Bless The USA
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Viking War Hammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saint Louis / Illinois
Posts: 7,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispeed View Post
Don't you have something to go weld or a tps switch to wire up!
Yes ! I do ! But I'm stuck here at work !

Viking War Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 08:32 PM   #4
Senior Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
mazda1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: fontana CA.
Posts: 608
nice pictures ...
mazda1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 10:19 PM   #5
Eats, Sleeps, Dreams Rotary
5 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
ultimatejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
Posts: 4,142
I would love to see the R100 too but with such a short wheelbase I doubt if Abel would bring it back- too scary
ultimatejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 11:47 PM   #6
InsaneRotaries.com
10 Year Member
 
RoTaRyBoYz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatejay View Post
with such a short wheelbase I doubt if Abel would bring it back- too scary
Isn't "little Gabriel" running 7.4's on the same wheelbase? I don't see it being a problem once the chassis/suspension is upgraded but Abel might need to get some big kohonies to drive that thing at those speeds...
RoTaRyBoYz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-07, 01:25 AM   #7
Brap Brap Brap
10 Year Member
iTrader: (8)
 
13BNUT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,020
So is that what it will look like again. It looks like before with the ghost flames or did he do anything different with it? Cant wait to see the R100 back in action.
13BNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-07, 11:47 AM   #8
Eats, Sleeps, Dreams Rotary
5 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
ultimatejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
Posts: 4,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoTaRyBoYz View Post
Isn't "little Gabriel" running 7.4's on the same wheelbase? I don't see it being a problem once the chassis/suspension is upgraded but Abel might need to get some big kohonies to drive that thing at those speeds...
Yeah, and I bet little Gabriels ***** hit the floor when he gets out of the car! LOL
ultimatejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-07, 02:55 PM   #9
'Tuna'
10 Year Member
 
crispeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Miami,Fl,USA
Posts: 4,635
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatejay View Post
Yeah, and I bet little Gabriels ***** hit the floor when he gets out of the car! LOL
Well just about all the heavy hitters in PR run the Starlet chassis which is even a shorter wheel base than the r-100 so it all boils down to who's doing the chassis tuning and everyone in the buisness know where those chassis tuners all hail from.
No question about it the PR racers have the best combination in chassis tuners/builders, engine builders/tuners and drivers.
You can never argue with proven results!!!!!
crispeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-07, 10:53 PM   #10
Eats, Sleeps, Dreams Rotary
5 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
ultimatejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
Posts: 4,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispeed View Post
Well just about all the heavy hitters in PR run the Starlet chassis which is even a shorter wheel base than the r-100 so it all boils down to who's doing the chassis tuning and everyone in the buisness know where those chassis tuners all hail from.
No question about it the PR racers have the best combination in chassis tuners/builders, engine builders/tuners and drivers.
You can never argue with proven results!!!!!
Yeah, PR is top of the rotary food chain for sure and I love those Starlets even though I'm not a fan of missmatching brands.
ultimatejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-07, 03:42 AM   #11
Rotary Enthusiast
10 Year Member
 
Bern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking War Hammer View Post
I know the picture has been out since last year but thought I would post it

I'd like to see him bring the R100 back out.


Hey, does anyone know who did the original artwork for this... it's very nice; I'd like to get a high-res copy.

Thanks,

-Bern
Bern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-07, 09:18 AM   #12
Rotary Freak
10 Year Member
 
Judge Ito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: N.J. USA
Posts: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern View Post


Hey, does anyone know who did the original artwork for this... it's very nice; I'd like to get a high-res copy.

Thanks,

-Bern
Jose Camacho from creative studios did the rendering. you could find him at prsportcompact.com I think he owns that site..
Judge Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-07, 09:39 AM   #13
malignant narcissist
10 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
diabolical1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 8,850
i really liked that car. i hope it does come back.
diabolical1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-07, 04:43 PM   #14
Rotary Enthusiast
10 Year Member
 
Bern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Ito View Post
Jose Camacho from creative studios did the rendering. you could find him at prsportcompact.com I think he owns that site..
Thanks Ito!

-Bern
Bern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 01:32 AM   #15
Rotary Freak
5 Year Member
iTrader: (4)
 
riceburner1r2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: riverside county
Posts: 1,758
why did abel by stephs car
riceburner1r2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 12:36 PM   #16
Junior Member
5 Year Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 13
I saw the R100 run in Dallas, it was awsome! the RX7 ran 7 flat, but the R100 was a wild pass every pass
banzairacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 04:04 PM   #17
Psalms 37**25
5 Year Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Garnerville N.Y
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoTaRyBoYz View Post
Isn't "little Gabriel" running 7.4's on the same wheelbase? I don't see it being a problem once the chassis/suspension is upgraded but Abel might need to get some big kohonies to drive that thing at those speeds...
its 7.3...@ 181mph...but his WB is over 100..i think 103.
Either way Anais, sarita just to name a few are still 90-92WB & let it be known..Someone WILL run 6.90s in a starlet chassis..

Just a matter of time.
rotaryB-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 08:57 PM   #18
InsaneRotaries.com
10 Year Member
 
RoTaRyBoYz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryB-2000 View Post
its 7.3...@ 181mph...but his WB is over 100..i think 103.
Either way Anais, sarita just to name a few are still 90-92WB & let it be known..Someone WILL run 6.90s in a starlet chassis..

Just a matter of time.
Thanks buddy, but now we know the chassis is capable after seeing similar PR wheelbase run insane times BUT is the engine & tuner capable? that is the real question here
RoTaRyBoYz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 02:23 AM   #19
'Tuna'
10 Year Member
 
crispeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Miami,Fl,USA
Posts: 4,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoTaRyBoYz View Post
BUT is the engine & tuner capable? that is the real question here
Starting ****!
crispeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 04:04 AM   #20
Rotary Freak
5 Year Member
iTrader: (4)
 
riceburner1r2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: riverside county
Posts: 1,758
bump
riceburner1r2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-07, 03:15 PM   #21
DPG Burnout
10 Year Member
iTrader: (44)
 
rotorholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: DALLAS TX
Posts: 1,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispeed View Post
Starting ****!
hmmm.....
rotorholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-07, 11:16 AM   #22
come get some.....
5 Year Member
iTrader: (2)
 
mannyvidal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: bayamon pr, orlando fl, paterson nj
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoTaRyBoYz View Post
Thanks buddy, but now we know the chassis is capable after seeing similar PR wheelbase run insane times BUT is the engine & tuner capable? that is the real question here
doubtfull
mannyvidal is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: 1974 Rx-4 PhEnX Old School / Other Rotary Vehicles and Parts 4 11-04-15 11:36 PM
WTB R100 RX2 dome/interior light OFF_TAP Parts Wanted 0 09-20-15 04:24 AM
Flaco Racing 6.95@199mph!!! crispeed Rotary Car Performance 20 11-18-03 08:43 PM
Mazda 1st import inducted into NHRA museum crispeed Rotary Car Performance 9 10-05-03 02:41 AM


Tags
1700, 89, abel, clutch, dallas, floor, hit, hp, ibara, ibarra, lounge, pr, r100, rx8, supra, tx

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.


All content Copyright 2007 by Internet Brands, Inc.