2nd Generation Specific (1986-1992) 1986-1992 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections.
Sponsored by:

Majestic Turbo Upgrade arrived today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-02, 01:43 PM
"Just Looking".......

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Majestic Turbo Upgrade arrived today...

It's getting installed this afternoon (Thu.) and I won't be in the car till tomorrow to evaluate the difference but I thought I'd give you guys my initial thoughts:

Mine was SHOT - was only hitting 7-8 psi w/intake, dp, mp, and catback. Unit was removed and the turbine blades had pieces missing from the tips and the blades looked really old (kind of a bumpy brown appearance). Bearings and bearing housing were no good.

Opened the box today, unit all shrinkwrapped. Looks brand new. I can't believe the transformation - it's amazing. New wheels in both sides - one of the blades still has a fluorescent green paint mark and they're both shiny silver. They ported the wastegate. Housings look brand new (they cleaned and milled them), I told a buddy of mine this thing would make a great hood ornament. I'm very impressed with what they've done (appearance-wise) It looks THAT nice...

From FL to Waco, TX I sent UPS ground (they suggested that because they get AM drop) last Thu. They got it Mon. and shipped it 2nd day for $40 Tue. and I got it this AM.

I'll start a separate post tomorrow with drive evaluation provided everything goes smoothly). I have boost and A/F gauges to check differences. Now I just have to buff the black crap off of the rear bumper.
Old 02-14-02, 03:09 PM
Slow and old

I got my turbo upgraded by them. I am pretty happy with it.
Old 02-14-02, 03:29 PM

What kind of upgrade did you guys get? How much was it? Im thinking of rebuilding mine but if it aint that much more I would upgrade.
Old 02-14-02, 04:00 PM
"Just Looking".......

Originally posted by 1QWKRX7
What kind of upgrade did you guys get? How much was it? Im thinking of rebuilding mine but if it aint that much more I would upgrade.
It's not much more than a rebuild. My invoice reads as follows:
HT-18 Reman & Upgrade=Stage 3 T/W 46/Trim C/W 360*

This cost $650 which included oversize bearing housing rings ($25) and UPS 2nd day AM delivery for $40.

Basically, they milled both housings. On the turbine side the turbine wheel is no longer manufactured so they machined/milled a stage III wheel to fit. On the compressor side they installed a larger wheel; TO4E-46. I'm told by the guy who actually worked on the unit that it is good for better than 315rwhp. (I'm doing other mods to compensate and reach/exceed that)

Judging by the appearance and condition of what I sent them this should be a gigantic improvement. I was hoping for it to be done today but the guy working on it is patient about his work which is just fine with me. I'll pick up the car tomorrow about lunchtime.
Old 02-14-02, 04:06 PM

315+ rwhp is freakin awesome for a TII

your gonna be

on alot of cars with that power. congrats!!!!!!

are you runnin the stock i/c?
Old 02-14-02, 04:29 PM
"Just Looking".......

Originally posted by Grimlock
315+ rwhp is freakin awesome for a TII your gonna be

on alot of cars with that power. congrats!!!!!!

are you runnin the stock i/c?
Thanks. I'll be running stock intercooler. The guy at Majestic was originally going to clip the upgraded compressor wheel 5-10 degrees to keep the air cooler at upper boost levels, but because they are using a stage III turbine wheel on the hot side I'm told the clip's not necessary.

Me and a buddy met a guy named Roger at Japtrix in West Palm Monday b4 last and he's got a TII we looked at and he's running 12-13psi w/ a stock intercooler. He has a different course of mods that works very well -

Stock injectors augmented by a 5th injector (720cc) plumbed at the back driver's corner of the intercooler controlled by a Haltech F5 AIC that engages at 9psi and compensates as boost increases. Boost is regulated by a Profec B. I'll have this complete very soon. According to him as long as you have a cooler running turbo (like a larger compressor flowing 25-30% more air) you can run 12-13psi w/ stock I/C.

I'm going to follow his path and bag the E6K idea. I liked his attitude - he likes to set it up, dyno and then just drive the **** out of it w/o having to hit the shop and readjust **** all the time.
Old 02-14-02, 05:28 PM

PICS!! I am getting this upgrade soon and want to see PICS, please!!!
Old 02-14-02, 05:45 PM
"Just Looking".......

Originally posted by boostmotorsport
PICS!! I am getting this upgrade soon and want to see PICS, please!!!
Sorry, I just didn't have the time - I UPS tracked it, dropped it off at the shop. Later, I called a friend to tell him it's here and at that point I thought of borrowing his dig camera but the guy working on it I'm sure had already started to mount it. I don't want to bother him while he's working on it either. He's a good rotary guy - better I let him do his thing.
Trust me, pics wouldn't do it justice...but I sure wish I'd have taken a few.
Can't wait to hear this sucker spool...zzsswooooooosh.
There's an A8, a Celica GT-S and a Bullitt Mustang that I had lost to and they are going to get disgustingly clobbered next time we meet.
Old 02-14-02, 06:07 PM
I'm with stupid -----^

I posted some pics of a hybrid side by side a stock unit..

link

I'm sure it's very similar to what fedrex has just gotten himself..
Old 02-15-02, 08:27 AM

Talking im happy as ****.....

i have my gtx turbo and manifold sitting at home. as soon as i can get the money to upgrade it, BAM im slapping that sucka on my 88TII.

FEDREX be sure to post the difference in power please as soon as you can, and what fuel mods have you done?

Last edited by Grimlock; 02-15-02 at 08:31 AM.