3rd Generation Specific (1993-2002) 1993-2002 Discussion including performance modifications and Technical Support Sections.
Sponsored by:

Police found my stolen "7".....but is totaled

Old 03-10-03, 08:31 AM
Planning my come back

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Police found my stolen "7".....but is totaled

Well the policefound the car totaled this morning. The car is FUCKED big time the car fliped couple of time.I'm waiting on the picture from the police dept (that's going to be a while). Two kids stole it a 17 and a 13 year old they both died in the car accident. I feel bad for them and their parents. butI should be getting a check from the insurance company this week. LETS GO SHOPPING FOR ANOTHER FD!
Old 03-10-03, 08:41 AM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

yet another FD bites the dust
Old 03-10-03, 08:49 AM
Glug Glug Glug Burp

Re: Police found my stolen "7".....but is totaled

Originally posted by hondasr4kids
I feel bad for them and their parents.

Why? Thier parents didn't educate them, and they were bad. Sure someone died, but they died being ******* punks.
Old 03-10-03, 08:52 AM
Rotary Freak

Two kids stole it a 17 and a 13 year old they both died in the car accident. I feel bad for them and
Why? They stole your car. They deserved to die.
Old 03-10-03, 08:52 AM
Will u do me a kindness?

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
"bow down before the one you serve you're going to get what you deserve."
You're going to get a nice check and their are two less punks on the street.
Old 03-10-03, 09:11 AM

Holy **** man!I guess the punks did deserve it. Oh and try to post the pics of the fd.Will they let u salvage some parts off the car? Then u can have spare parts for your next fd.

Andres
93 touring
Old 03-10-03, 09:17 AM
development

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Damaging someone's car is something you just DON'T do...
Old 03-10-03, 09:21 AM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

These were kids, they didn't deserve to die for what they did. I'd feel less sorry if they were older and did this. I blame the parents.

I hate it when FD's get totalled.
Old 03-10-03, 09:25 AM
Planning my come back

Yes they stole my car but they still had a future ahead of them they shouldn't paid for their parent mistakes. As for their parent, think of the tragedy they have to go through. I have two kids and If i lost one of them because i was to lazy to educated them I kill myself. I haven't seen the car yet because is more than a robery thing now, but the officer I talk to they said was on fire completly when he got there.

Last edited by MR_Rick; 03-10-03 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-10-03, 09:53 AM
Rotary Freak

See if your insurance company will give your a little less (whatever they get from the yard) and let you keep the car. You can easily have a least a few grand in parts there if the engine compartment contents are ok, and then there is the interior stuff too.

Then again maybe not with the fire. I would try to find someone around here in your area that can check it out with you, or have someone from a good rotary shop come with you to look at it if possible.

Last edited by PVerdieck; 03-10-03 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-10-03, 09:56 AM
Planning my come back

I got my Fd for cheap like DEA action Cheap! i paid 4k for my the only thing wrong with it was there where no keys but.
Old 03-10-03, 10:00 AM
Rotary Enthusiast

Dayam...

That's fuggin' crazy!!!

I'm not sure I'd want a car two kids got KILLED IN!! Fugg that. If it flipped a couple times, there's probably blood all over inside that thing...no way in hell.

Man...So hondasr4kids, how do you feel about the situation?

My take, this 17-year old kid obviously knew how to hotwire a car...so he's probably done it plenty of times before. I'd have to say that he deserved some punishment, some guidance....but not that severe of the punishment. He was probably pretty set in his ways by this time....but the 13 year old...well..he's still young enough to be molded into a decent human being.

Such a shame....watch..I bet the parents are gonna try and sue you.
Old 03-10-03, 10:08 AM

Originally posted by yzf-r1
YZF, I think I see a post a week about a FD getting totalled. There aren't too many left these days.
Old 03-10-03, 10:43 AM

I dont think he can get the car right away if there was a fatalaty involved.
Old 03-10-03, 12:31 PM
Planning my come back

I don't think i ever going to get it back there is a bio-Hazard thing involved here. I don't think they are going to sue me considering I can sue them for stilling my car since they were minors but I'm not going to, I think they had enough they lost their two kids.

Last edited by MR_Rick; 03-10-03 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-10-03, 12:46 PM

Damn, thats hardcore! The funny thing is, a couple of days ago I got thinking about this exact situation. A young person stealing an FD not knowing how to drive it and killing themself. I hate thieves with a passion, but I dont know if they deserved to die for their mistakes. Like someone else stated, if they were older then maybe I wouldent feel so bad, but a 13 year old? Life hasen't even started for that kid yet. Kudos to the parents for being outstanding role models.
Old 03-10-03, 01:10 PM
Garaged

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by yzf-r1
Ditto!! More and more of these cars get destroyed every week. These are just the stories you hear about on the forum imagine the amount of cars you dont hear about that get totalled and its been a really bad winter to most of the country.
Old 03-10-03, 01:41 PM
Hey, where did my $$$ go?

I don't think i ever going to get it back there is a bio-Hazard thing involved here. I don't think they are going to sue me considering I can sue them for stilling my car since they were minors but I'm not going to, I think they had enough they lost their two kids.

I'm sorry to hear about all that man, sounds like your going to come out good though since you only have $4K in the car. As for you not sueing the parents your not going to have to. You insurance is going to sue them to get thier money back.

STEPHEN
Old 03-10-03, 01:49 PM
Weird Cat Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good that there are two less worthless punks off the streets.

Sorry about your car

Brian
Old 03-10-03, 02:06 PM
Sensory Experience

Well the policefound the car totaled this morning. The car is FUCKED big time the car fliped couple of time.I'm waiting on the picture from the police dept (that's going to be a while). Two kids stole it a 17 and a 13 year old they both died in the car accident. I feel bad for them and their parents. butI should be getting a check from the insurance company this week. LETS GO SHOPPING FOR ANOTHER FD!
Glad to hear you found the outcome of your car, but sad to hear it's totaled. Those kids honestly paid for their own crime, too bad it was at the expense of your hard earned vehicle. Good luck with the search.
Old 03-10-03, 03:09 PM

I can't imagine what I would be feeling if some people stole my car and died in it, but I guess I'd try to salvage anything from the engine bay and maybe wheels/brakes, etc...but definitely nothing from the interior!

How does insurance calculate the amount of $ that they pay you for this kind of loss? Do they just go by blue book or do they actually look at market prices in your area? Or does it all depend on the insurance company?

When I totalled my motorcycle, got paid $1600 more than I paid for the bike because they went by the average of all the asking prices on the online ads in my area.

butI should be getting a check from the insurance company this week. LETS GO SHOPPING FOR ANOTHER FD!
Old 03-10-03, 03:43 PM

look like those car thieves were
Old 03-10-03, 04:06 PM
Rotary Freak

There's Darwinism for you!
Old 03-10-03, 04:36 PM
Rotary Freak

wow, life can really throw twists.
Old 03-10-03, 04:52 PM
Planning my come back

Well the insurance goes by the blue book value-deductable that in my case I had 0 deductable. But the blue book value of that cardown here in Puerto Rico isa little higher than the states. I paid 44k for mine, blue book value here is $17000 for a 93 Touring fully loaded and low miles. the daythey stole it was a week before Saturday. I had theinsurance put on it 2 1/2 wks Before that andthe insurance Company took picture of the car and everything when I got the insurance so they know the car was pretty much the same way they saw it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Police found my stolen "7".....but is totaled