You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
Decided I'd share my current project of my 82 RX7 doing a TII swap.
Here's the car completely stock, after I detailed it at work. Still has factory paint from 82. Bought it close to 2 years ago off my neighbour:
After buying it, I pulled out the 12a stripped it, wire brushed everything and painted it. A pic of it about a week later first pulling it out of the garage getting gas:
Few months later started getting sick of the 12a so I parked it in the garage, and decided to have some fun :
Door jams were a bit to....red...so took off the doors, papered up the area(haha), sanded, primed, painted and clear coated both sides:
Hood was chipped in the middle on the edges so decided to sand and paint it, painted front and rear bumper, also decided to remove the trim and paint the lower half of the car, LOVE the finised look of it:
This is the part that took quite a long time but in my opinion was very well worth the time. Ripped out the 12a again, completely stripped the engine bay of the brake lines, covered the harness in tinfoil so no paint could get into the connetors, cleaned, sanded, primed and clear coated the whole engine bay. Cut out stencils by hand and painted them on:
Ripped out my dash, painted it, mounted the ECU, removed the heating system, wired everything seperate now powered through switches and relays. Made a temporary plate to hold the switches(will be changed eventually):
Started reading up about what swaps were personally affordable for this car and decided to pick the 91 13B TII. After searching for over 2 months for the right one, found out my buddy had one in his FC that he wanted to sell. Setup includes: Rebuilt 13B, rebuilt tranny, Wolf 3d V4 ECU and hand controller with Wideband AFR, FD Ignitor, FC coil packs, MSD spark plug wires, FPR, Walbro 255LPH fuel pump, R32 Skyline fuel filter. Here's a pic of it the night we pulled it out of the FC and brought it to the garage:
Didn't take any pics after that because I shattered my phone. Finally started taking pictures again when I got my new one in a few days later. Swapped the front covers, bought a new GSL-SE oil pan which showed up after about a week of ordering thanks to Mazdatrix, custom made the oil drain and dropped it in that same night (Pics are of before I did anything with the stock fuel system):
Thanks guys. Ya I agree hahah I''ll be going either v-mount or front mount sometime this summer. I like the two tone, one of my favorite parts of the car. It will look a lot better once I get wheels and tires though.