You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
finally, i got the damn 7 running. i got the car a month ago. a week after the purchase it is been in the garage for stereo installation. when i finish the stereo system. the damn car don't start, just crank and crank. i was scare. it is rx7 no one can work on it. and i know nothing about it. i drove it like 3 times that's all.
well, thank for this website. i found most of the information i need to fix the car.
now i feel a little more comfortable drive this thing, cause i understand the beast a little better.
here is a few pointer i learn in the process of fixing the car. hope these info will help others out as well.
1. to start the rx7 normal don't touch the gas padel, only when your engine is flooded, then you floor it. a normal engine, will not start with the gas floored
2. for those of you have a starting or running problem. don't forget the water thermosensor is also part of the system. even if your gauge look o.k. it may still be broke. the part is 28$ at advanence auto part. and it is in stock too.
3. bose system suck ***. after market stereo system is easy to install. \
4. when you change your water temp sending unit. use string or wire to tie the new sensor to your hand, cause if it full behind the water pump have fun fishing.
5. head light retracter motor is o.k. to take part and use proxy to hold the magent to the the motor housing. save me form buying a new motor.
well is what i find out working on the damn thing.
let keep this info public, because no one but the rx7 owner wants to work on the car.
wasnt trying to be an ***, its just that you give advice on how to start an RX7...lol, gave an opinion on bose system and backed it up by saying aftermarket speakers are easy to install, which i guess means i should put my friends pink steering wheel cover in just bc its easy to install, and i dont understand anything else you said...
oh and you didnt tell how you fixed the car not starting problem...
i fix the car starting problem by, checking the code and replace what it say was wrong.
the code was 9 and 51 , water thermosensor and fuel pump relay. the relay i leave out on purpose, don't ask why. i told you i am not the brightest star. and i replace the water thermosenor.
at first it still won't start, but then i let of the gas padel and crank it right up. ( that is why i mention about the gas padel thingy. i just got the car for a months so i am a newbie.)
after it started, i drive it around and it buck really bad at about 3000 rpm. i reset the ecu and fix that, i guess i was still in limp mode. hope this can help you out with your problem.