You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
I was debating on what forum to put its thread. It mainly concerns the power FC map but Iím also having idle/hard to start/hard to keep running problems. I just took my spark plugs out and the trail one are saturated with fuel and the lead plugs show signs of saturation as well. This is probably why my car did not start an hour ago. I have READ every *.pdf on the datalogit, power FC and damn near every post that has something to do with what is wrong with my car at least twice. I really, really need someone with a fresh par of eye and/or mind to help me figure this out. I know i need it tuned but i cant even drive it to the shop or on a trailer for that matter. it can't e this hard. It's frustrating to put a freshly built motor back together and install all new stuff and it runs like crap.
Things that could be wrong:
1. To the best of my ability to understand the possess of tuning and with a base working map I have come up with the following. (See attached)
2. Car does not want to start (when cold) sometimes even after it warms up.
3. Car idles rough and fluctuates (400 Ė 900 RPMís)
4. Struggles to stay started, most of the time it stalls out.
5. AFRís are holding between, 10.1 - 11.1
6. As stated above, car did not start today. Pulled plugs and found trail saturated with fuel and the lead plugs also showed signs of saturation.
7. If i attempt to drive it, AFR's shoot to 17+
Things that I have done in the attempt to correct the problem:
1. Check the TPS (multiple times)
2. Vacuum leaks, 99% sure im good there (everything from the LIM to the elbow has either gotten a new gasket or I have RTVíed crap out of it.)
3. Conducted idle learning procedures (once). Itís hard to do when your car does not want to stay started.
4. plug wires are on the right plug (once)
5. haven't check but im pretty sure that the injectors connectors are on the right injectors.
Freshly built 13B with a streetport (new housing and apex seals) zero miles on rebuilt engine
New Garrett T04Z
New Power FC with commander and datalogit
New Twin walbro 255 fuel pumps
New (Primary) 550cc Siemens injectors
New (Secondary) 1680cc Bosch injector
New Aeromotive FPR