You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
I parked my S5 TII earlier today and when I went to start it, it wouldn't stay running. The starter would spin the engine, start to catch, rev to 2000RPM and then immediately die.
I've gone through a bit of troubleshooting. What do you think I missed? Here is what i tried:
1) Press and hold gas pedal to floor while starting. Didn't start to catch until I lifted off the pedal
2) The fuel pump continued to run ~2 seconds after the engine dies. Seems normal but I bypassed the pump relay so it was connected directly to the battery.
3) Disconnect TPS
4) Disconnect AFM
5) Disconnect MAP
6) Check all vacuum hoses end to end and all vacuum caps
7) Swapped in NA AFM to test
8) Most major culprit seems to be the TID. It has been cracked for some time. I tried covering up the crack for testing purposes but no dice.
What I'll try tomorrow is:
1) Home depot plumbing parts for TID for testing purposes
2) Put fuel return hose in small bucket to see if I am getting a good volume of fluid (no fuel pressure gauge available).