Originally Posted by snowbreaker
how do you do like a T connector for the oil pressure also using the stock sender unit or just take the stock sender unit out and make up some type of adapter for the aftermarket sender
I would not go the T route but you could just replace the factory one with ther after-market one.
1. Determine the size of the rear iron factory location.
2. Purchase a T fitting that fits the rear iron
3. Dertermine the size of the after-market sending unit.
4. Purchase the correct male-female adapter
5. Determine the size of the factory sending unit.
6. Purchase the correct male-female adapters
1. Dertermine the size of the after-market sending unit.
2. Determine the size of the rear iron factory location.
3. If they are different, purchase an adapter to make the sizes correct.
As you can see, all this adds up to a lot of work because the correct sizes can be hard to find. The fittings also need to be brass.
In the end it's just easier to go the pedistal route plus if you ever want to add oil temp there is an extra connection in the pedistal.